We went to the Awards Night for the Reflections Contest.
Rhett picked up the boys at their daycare and met me at the school.
Remember Cam submitted those pictures he took of
the sky, the sunset, the sun and the morning?
The lady read the names for the winners in each category who were moving on to the next stage in the competition and Cam's was the first name she called!
He won a big blue ribbon and a goodie bag with a mini watercolor set, a notepad, an art eraser, a cool double sided colored pencil, gumballs and a free ticket to the Clarke Planetarium.
He was so excited.
He called grandma and grandpa, Unkie Paul, Lisa, Nana, and GG
and told them all about his big blue ribbon.
That was just on the drive home.






After we read two chapters in Stink and the Incredible Super-Galactic Jawbreaker, I was kissing him goodnight and tucking him in and he said to me,
"Thank you for stopping the car, Mom."
I was a little confused at what that was supposed to mean, thinking he was referring to the day before when I abruptly stopped the car on the side of the road and completely turned it off to throw open the door to get to him and take his sucker out of his mouth for back-talking and acting all sassy but I just kept listening...
"Thank you for stopping the car," he repeated, "because then I had to take those pictures and that was SOOOOOO nice. I just love you."
And then he gave me another hug and a kiss
and tried to contain his excited giggle while he got all snuggly in his bed.
It was adorable.



5 comments:
he is so adorable! Congrats to him!
That is too cute! How exciting, congrats to Cam!!!
PS. Do you love the Stink books?
Yay Cameron! I had to judge the Reflections photography section at an AF elementary school and boy was it hard! There were many, many good entries, so I'm sure Cameron was up against stiff competition. Nice work!
good job cameron!
and i love the stopping on the road story...i need to do that more often.
sassy mouths...
really i am jen...lindsay is just taking over my computer and i forgot to log her out.
Post a Comment