Saturday, October 31, 2009

Candy and Parades and Paydays

Batman getting his education.
Batman's kindergarten teacher.
The coolest parents (of one of my students) at the Halloween parade.
Mr. Morley
A 4th grade teacher who was "Mr. Morley" for Halloween.
I missed the school's Halloween Parade on Friday
because I was at my great uncle Reese's funeral.
It was so great to be with family and hear about the amazing and inspiring life of my uncle Reese. I was able to be the accompianist for my uncle Mark's musical number and see family members I hadn't seen in a long time.

My uncle Reese used to put Payday candy bars under his daughters pillows at night when he got home from his second job so that they would know he was thinking about them when they woke up and he was already at his first job. Payday candy bars don't melt so they were perfect to put under their pillows. At the funeral, everyone got a Payday candy bar as we walked in.
It was truly a celebration of his life.

Rhett and I went to the temple afterwards and I have to admit,
we hadn't been since before Brenden was born.
I had forgotten a LOT.

Afterwards, we picked up the boys from daycare and headed back to Orem
to crash my brother Peter's Trunk or Treat.

We love hanging with cousins and family!!







1 comment:

just jen said...

school in virginia sucks!

dressing up is not allowed...you can't even call it a halloween party. it's a FALL party. lame, lame, lame.

the same thing happens at christmas. i hate political correctness during the holidays.