Saturday, July 17, 2010

Why I Had Another Miscarriage


Maybe it's because I didn't plan it like I planned the others.
Maybe because I didn't start taking my prenatal vitamins soon enough.
Maybe I had too much radioactive exposure from my laptop and iPhone and tv and microwave.
Maybe I didn't dedicate myself to eating raw for long enough.
Maybe I was experiencing post-traumatic stress.
Maybe because getting accidentally pregnant seemed to work out too perfectly.
Maybe because no one really gets what they want.
Maybe because I watch too much tv and exercise too little.
Maybe it's because I voted for Obama.
Maybe it's because, secretly, I want my friend to be happy and married,
even if he choses another man.
Or because I like to watch Ellen.
Or maybe it's because I sometimes forget to say my daily prayers.
Maybe I am crazy overreactive and am not a good enough mom to have another one.
Maybe because I work too much.
Maybe I haven't learned my lesson yet.
Maybe it takes a loss before you find it.
Maybe it's just "part of the plan."
...maybe it's because things like that just happen and
no matter how devastating and cruel they are, it's just part of life.
Or maybe just part of my life.


I haven't figured out the reason and I know I never will,
but I need to get out of this funk.
They say that depression saps your energy
and makes you lose interest in your hobbies
and things you used to enjoy.

I used to enjoy blogging.
I think I might be ready to enjoy it again.

But first, I have to post thee post
that I have had sitting in my drafts for months now,
all typed up and ready for edit.
The one I don't want to publish
but know I need to because if not,
it will become another lesson
that I will forget I already learned
if I don't have it written down.

That post is called "Refining"
and it's for me, not you,
so skip it
and I'll see you on the other side.

6 comments:

just jen said...

stop making me cry...

i voted for obama too, what are you saying?

Lindz said...

We have so many thoughts of the what ifs and whys but in the end we really will never know. I love you and depression is just crappy I still can't get out of my crappy state. Ps, you are an amazing mom and deserve everything your heart desires. Loves!

Rachel Leigh said...

You are amazing! Just remember that. Go watch the video on my blog. It really helped me the other day.

AMiller said...

Just thinking of you. There is a plan for you - and this was part of it, we don't know why. Hang in there.

Katie Riggs Hansen said...

Ahhhh! stop it.

Jen made me read this at her house and it made me cry.

I wish I had something to say that would help you feel better.

How about, I love you and think you are wonderful?

Do you feel better yet? I want to fix this for you.

Elisabeth said...

I'm so sorry. ((((hugs))))