We have a new member of the family.
Not my idea.
Ok, actually it was.
Rhett was obsessed with the idea of getting a dog for his birthday
but I kept trying to help him understand that it was a bad, bad idea.
Unless it was an miniature American Eskimo. An mini Eskie would be fine with me.
Especially a mini Eskie that rides a trike.

But he wants a bulldog. Or a Boston Terrier.
Bad idea.
We both work full-time and we don't have a fence.
We wouldn't be able to give it the proper attention it would need., whatever kind of dog it was.
So we playfully argued about it until I finally agreed to him getting
a cat
if he would stop toying with the dog idea.
With a cat, we could leave it at home while we went on vacation and it would be fine.
And it would come to us practically potty-trained.
A cat was a more logical decision.
But remember how stinky they are?
And how they claw up the carpets and the furniture?
And how they want to fall asleep on your face
and keep coming back no matter how many times you push them away?
And how itchy the needle thin scratches on your face and hands and arms and chest are?
And how they rip things to shreds?
And how they run to you when you get home, but then run away when you try to pet them?
And how they play with strings and
bat pieces of tiny trash around on the floor with their little mittens?
And how they stalk you across the room, holding perfectly still with their ears pushed back until you look away, and then silently creep up and freeze again when you look back, getting closer and closer until they gently pounce on your feet?
And how cute their little meows are?
And how they run away with their little furry pants bouncing back and forth?
And how they arch their back when they feel threatened and rigidly bounce backwards?
And how sweet and cuddly they are at 9pm
but then transform into psycho, crazy blurs around the house at midnight?
And how they jump out from behind the couch to attack your ankles?
And swat their mittens back and forth under the door while you're trying to pee?
And did you know how cute Cam looks when he lies on the floor to pet him?
It's adorable.
This is Ziggy.







3 comments:
it is NOT adorable.
it is SO SICK.
i am barfing right now. really, truly BARFING.
this is the grossest post, ever.
but, i still love you.
not the sick cat.
Even though I hate cats...I have to admit Ziggy is pretty cute, just keep him away from me when I come to visit! Dogs are the best, remember how much fun Boca is??? Love you
I fully support your decision.
I am not a cat lover but I do think they are a great gateway animal for the boys until you can get them a Kimball.
Post a Comment