I'm tired and depressed and stressed and drowning and then I hear Finn and Rachel belting it out and I am energized and GLEEful and feel thankfully lost in those amazing vocals. I wish I could walk around with a vocal fog following me throughout the day and muting all other distractions including my own thoughts, people talking to me, people looking at me, phone calls, kids and students saying my name, children fussing and fighting and whining, and even mask the piles, the messes, the unorganized paperwork, the unpaid bills and the unfinished to-do lists.
Those are some SERIOUS vocals!
I am so thankful for Glee and it's genious writing (yes, I said genIOUS) and colorful characters who make my troubles seem so far away. I also want to give a shout out to the amazing moon this week who has taken my breath away on numerous glances. It's about time my breath is taken away for glorious things instead of traumatic news like Rhett losing his job, not being able to find a new one for over a month now, having to fight just for unemployment, another bill in collections, not being able to pay our mortgage or the thought of why Christmas can't really be about Christ and giving gifts of love and service. Cause I can afford those.
These troubles are becoming uglies and fatties in my life.
And as Sue Sylvester so eloquently put it,
"All I want is just one day a year when I'm not visually assaulted by the uglies and the fatties. Seriously, Ohio. These retinas need a day off."
Thanks Sue.


4 comments:
no more uglies and fatties please.
thankfully, my weekend will be a little brighter, colin is coming home on sunday instead of monday! i am crazy busy with cleaning and happiness (also i need to shave, a lot).
ally-joy, hang in there! it can't get worse, it can only get better. rhett will find a job soon, and maybe this will end up being a blessing in disguise.
until then, keep watching glee and escape in the songs...that's what i do!
love choo.
I love the writing about the music and vocals blocking out everything unpleasant. Music really does have such an effect on our moods. So many people are struggling this Christmas season, there should be no guilt about making Christmas to be exactly what it should be, which is exactly what you wrote. I think traditions should be a major part of Christmas, thats what children remember.
Oh, girl! If you need help with the Christmas scale-back, I've got it down (out of necessity for Jake) You can do this. Love this post!! Sue is crazy!
oh man i'm sorry to hear about rhett's job. don't you just HATE money? I wish we could help! Let me know if you need help with the kids (that's the only thing I can think to offer!) I'll keep you guys in my prayers!
Post a Comment