Thursday, December 17, 2009

Ugly and Fatty

No, I'm not talking about Glee.
This time the ugly and fatty was ME.

We had an Ugly Sweater contest at the faculty Christmas party today.

My teacher buddy and long-time friend Paul and I
decided to go shopping together on Wed to find some winners.
On Tues, before we had the opportunity to go shopping,
I made a plea on Facebook for anyone who already had some
to please let me borrow them.
My friend Jody offered to bring some specimens over to my house.
They were fabulous.
She even had one vest that Paul was going to have to rock.
It was awesomely ugly.

I was so excited that I didn't even bother to ask what the prize was for the winner.
I actually didn't care.
I just wanted the sweet glory of winning.

And win I did.
1st place!
(The trophy is actually my white elephant gift)

Paul won second.
I think my winning may have had something to do the amazing height of my shoulder pads.
Or maybe it was the height of the "claw" or my Utah beehive.
Or maybe it was the fringe at the bottom of the polyester capri pants that I found at DI for $3.
Or the polar bear fur boots.
Or the jingle bell earrings.

Whatever it was, I was glad I was in good company.
My fourth grade team was fabulous!
And the only full team of ugly sweaters.
We rock ugly!

6 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Lol! I'm rolling! Thanks for the laugh this morning. I needed it.

just jen said...

i am SO in love with these pics...

will you please print it out really big for me!

love it!

Cheryl D Green said...

Can Mark borrow your sweater?? He is having an ugly sweater contest somewhere soon...Mom

Lilianne said...

Those shoulder pads are amazing. For reals. I was dying laughing at the pic of you and Paul! So hilarious! Congrats on your big win. It was totally deserved. Well done, Allison!! Merry Christmas!

Shannon Abbott said...

Can I be you in my next life? That is the funniest thing ever!

Erin said...

That is a truly amazing outfit. I love it with all of my post-christmas heart. You deserved the trophy, girly.