Saturday, January 29, 2011

I Couldn't Get Back

In my dream, Rhett and my mom were shopping for me. They found me this great dress coat that was a rust color, very vintage and beautiful. It would even fit me, being pregnant. I loved it, thanked them and then left for home. When I was almost there, Rhett called on my cell and asked me where I went, that my mom couldn't take him home and he needed me to pick him up.

The rest of my dream dragged on and on as I tried to get back to the store to pick him up. As soon as I turned onto 800 North past the Gold's Gym to flip a U and head back toward the mall, I got caught in the middle of a shoot-out with the police. Some guy had walked to the middle island in between lanes and just started shooting. So I had to leave my car at home and start walking. It was getting later and later and I kept ending up in the wrong neighborhood, going through people's backyards and through their homes, getting so stressed out at how late I was and how I was lost and was never going to make it to pick Rhett up. I was so worried that he was going to be upset and waiting and wonder where I was so I kept on and on and on...it was so frustrating.

Dreams are very significant to me. Every one. I always find significance in them and think of the dreams of the Bible and how they had such symbolism that taught the people who dreamed them very important things. I look online for the reasons behind my dreams and they always seem to be just about right. I wasn't sure how to look this one up, but I guess the overall theme was that I was late. So here is the meaning behind such a dream -

To dream that you are late, signifies your fear of change and your ambivalence about seizing an opportunity. You may feel unready, unworthy, or unsupported in your current circumstances. Additionally, you may be overwhelmed or conflicted with decisions about your future. Time is running out and you no longer have time to accomplish all the things you want.

Yep, that's just about right.

1 comment:

just jen said...

i always dream that my teeth are falling out, and it means roughly the same thing..we must be really stressed out.