Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Vomiting Stress

You know that feeling you get when you're driving in your four door family car with two dirty car seats in the back, mess on the floor, your mother-in-law sitting in the passenger seat with the chair down and her oxygen blasting because you've just spent two exhausting hours at the Instacare after-hours clinic and now you're trying to find the pharmacy where her antibiotic is, in a town way too far away from your nice warm bed where your husband is peacefully watching Ultimate Fighting alone because your two cranky, sick children have already been snuggled in their beds hours ago and he is relaxing, not worrying about how you are going to pay for her prescription, let alone your bills for this month or how you are going to store all the extra furniture that is now sitting in the KITCHEN from moving his mother into your home and not having anywhere else to put things and then you look over and see a car full of BYU students rockin' out in their singles car on a Tuesday night without a care in the world and even laughing as they look over and see you staring and then you slowly turn away, your involved smile fading and you realizing how old you have become and how much stress and responsibility you have on your shoulders??

Yeah, that's how I felt last night. I'm glad I'm not alone in that one.

I won't even go into how I was 100 feet from my exit on the freeway, so close I could taste it and ready to be SO finished with this stressful, demanding day (that started with a sleepless night and a third day of vomiting from the baby) when a gorgeous cop with a southern, Georgian accent pulled me over...
because adding that to the mix would just be WAY too coincidental.
(And even more exhausting).

9 comments:

just jen said...

so did it make it worse that the cop was cute, because back in the day you would have flirted your way out of the ticket?

so sorry. yesterday sucked for me too.

Crystal Hadlock said...

awww that is the sadest story ever! Cheers to superwomen mommies! Thats all I have to say.

corniafamily said...

Allison you're awesome. This is one of those stories where you'll look back and laugh but in the heat of it all you think "I don't know could somebody kill my dog, I think that would just top it off as the worst day ever" HA HA Just remember that you are a very amazing person and that most women couldn't do everthing that you are doing.

Lindz said...

You are not old, it is just that we have resposnsibilty. To back not have any sometimes would be sooooo nice. I hope the babe starts feeling better, especially for Halloween.

Lindz said...

You are not old, it is just that we have resposnsibilty. To back not have any sometimes would be sooooo nice. I hope the babe starts feeling better, especially for Halloween.

Nathan said...

That sucks. All of it.
I'm glad you are sorta kinda laughing about it...
A little sarcasm goes a long way, Allison.
I love you. A lot. I really do.
I really really do.
If I was there I would find a zit for you to pop!
(we need to have a phone conversation)

Nathan said...

also it made me think of that one time you and I were driving your trooper across a certain peice of land and a really hot trooper stopped to ahh....help us...
remember officer wolfgramm out there on the salt flats?
i hope you are laughing now...

Brooke said...

Ugh! Could it get any worse? I guess times like that make you appreciate the monotonous, everyday life we should try to enjoy!

*Lisa* said...

Oh my goodness, you poor thing. I also saw something about not being able to eat? on Facebook... are you sick too?? I hope things are getting better. I totally know the overwhelmed feeling of not being able to take care of everything you want and having everything out of your control. Been there. Recently....
Take care!