What would go better withthe bacterial infection in my stomach and
a possible peptic ulcer
than a night with JASON MRAZ?
I did feel a connection between us, though, as I stood at the partition separating me from the stage in the front row. Especially when I flashed him the I Love You sign when he first walked out on the stage and he FLASHED IT RIGHT BACK. Even made eye contact with me. That was the first "sign" that is was going to be one of the best concerts EVER! And it continued with two other moments of pure, blissful eye contact and flirtatious facial expressions at different times during the night.
And then imagine a cartoon character coming out of being hit by a train and shaking their face back and forth with cheeks flapping and you will understand one of his signature moves last night. Like he was trying to wake himself out of this dream of being rich and famous and having thousands of people in complete adoration, screaming his name. I was no exception - screaming very loudly, that kind of scream where you just can't believe you are barely out of reach of touching this amazing human being and maybe if you scream loud enough, it will catch his attention and he will come and be your private dancer.
I'm talking weird, this lady.
There was even a little bit of friendly politicking going on.
We stood the entire time, hugging the partition and joining him in the sing along. I was a bit drowned out by Rhett's singing behind me, but we both sang along to some old and new hits.
Rhett's absolute favorite was his rendition of the Remedy where he added a brass section and bongos and a fabulous arrangement of the oldie.
WHAT??
Please go here or here or here (to see the pic of Cam that we sent in and was displayed at the concert, although I had to click "next" NINE TIMES to get to it)
So my final conclusions about the night (besides the resolution to get Rhett to wear a fedora) can be summed up with the following adjectives and nouns
great music
fabulous pick of songs
amazing, prefect vocals
sexy, hip moves
soulful lyrics and melodies
warmth and personality overload
fun crowd involvement
creative and extremely satisfying arrangements
fantastic sense of humor and wit
my new crush

Shame on you if you don't make it to his next concert. You are MISSING. OUT.


8 comments:
I got your message and I will call you back tonight, OK. Anyway, I like hats on men too. Do you know Steve Dyckes up by the enterence? He has a nice hat. I tried to talk Brad into that hat, but a no go.
I love Jason Mraz and really dig his new album... a little jealous that you got to go see him so so so close, but more than that I am just happy for you that yo got to go and enjoy and that you shared! Awesome!
So why haven't I heard from you in so long on m'blog?
Did I alienate you with my uber-politc-charged posts?
I miss and l-o-v-e you! Tell all your people hey from russia for me!
Did I mention that I love the way you write? You are so full of life and love--I love having your blog--but I wish I had you here with me right now more!
Jealous. Really, really jealous!
who's this jason mraz?
what?
me no get it...
I can't find your cell phone #. Email it to me when you get a second if you don't mind. marthagriffiths@gmail.com
I LOVE-LOVE-LOVE Jason Mraz! That's awesome that you got to go to his concert!
You are one lucky girl! I would have loved to see him. I heard from everyone that went that it was a great show!
Post a Comment