...was not what I expected. Am I allowed to say this or does it make me sound ungrateful?
My fabulous friend Sharon gave us her Park City condo for the weekend and I was so excited to go up and spend my time in a place that I loved. I wanted to start with American Fork canyon, drive through the Alpine loop, come out in Park City and spend the rest of the time there doing Park Citian things. You know, like shop and rec-create and act like you have more money than you do. Maybe most people in Park City really do have lots of money, but pretending was going to be good enough for me.
Then, things came up. It started with the most wonderful weather, which never has been a problem until that day. I have always loved overcast, cloudy and even cold days. They are my favorite. But not when you want to drive in the canyon and rec-create in Park City and especially not when you can't even lay in bed all day and do nothing but watch movies or read magazines. Those lounging days have been long gone. For way too long. (I can't wait until they make a comeback).
After the afternoon session, we did finally drive up the canyon, because I was beginning to feel anxious that my birthday was going to be a bust without visiting the mountains. It was definitely not a bust.



Bren did not want to be held. He was mad that he wasn't allowed to walk everywhere we went.



It was a clear, chilly day and the kids loved hiking. We only hiked for about 10 min but will be sure to go back soon.
Afterward, I rushed to my parent's house where we had a family birthday dinner and I opened a few presents.
Rhett had given me by bday present on Tues because that was the day he got it. He can't keep secrets in any form. But I didn't mind too much...

Thanks, Love! Sometimes having things be unexpected is wonderful.
And finally, have you ever had the pleasure of meeting up with a lemon-raspberry cheesecake from the cheesecake factory after a luscious day in the fall mountains and lounging with family?
I did that night.
And it made for a fabulous birthday.
(Thanks Kristia for the treat!)


2 comments:
lemon raspberry is SO my favorite kind at cheesecake factory. YUM!
your pics are amazing...very TDW!
Awww happy birthday! I know I'm late but I guess it's better late than never right?
Post a Comment