Sunday, January 4, 2009

Family is the Best Medicine

After my dad went into the ICU on Christmas Eve, I tried to step away from the grief and make Christmas somewhat enjoyable. I thought watching a Christmas movie might take my mind off of the trauma but it only made me annoyed. I thought opening presents might give me joy but it only made me wish I could share it with him. I thought maybe blogging about it would help but it only helped me avoid retelling the story to everyone who asked.

I did find that although the situations maybe didn't help, the family time did. Being around so many loving, caring people who understand exactly how I feel made it easier to get through the holidays.






















3 comments:

just jen said...

family IS the best medicine...i totally agree with you.

thanks for being part of mine and helping with the funeral, that was so so thoughtful and NICE.

also thanks for seeing twilight with me for the 3rd time. edward is HOT.

and i am 14...no, 13.

Manion Moments said...

I miss you guys already! We had so much fun..i need to go to the tanning booth don't I???

Elisabeth said...

Eva and Cam's funny faces! Those two! I can just picture them when they are teenagers having a blast with each other!