I was recently hired by our local school district as a fourth grade teacher again
and this brings with it a few dilemmas...
1. Who will take over my position as homeschool teacher in Cottonwood Heights?
2. When will I find time to put together my new classroom?
3. What medication can I start taking to relieve a little of my stress
and make me feel less crazy?
(It's either that or start drinking.)
4. How do I schedule dinners and bedtimes in order to have the kids getting enough sleep AND getting enough time with their dad who works late hours?
So, I found a few friends for dilemma number one.



But I'm still waiting to hear if anyone has taken the job.
I found someone to watch my boys tomorrow for a few hours for number two
and I'm going to have to make an appt ASAP for number three.
This leaves me to my final dilemma, which is really getting frustrating.
The kids really should be asleep by the time Rhett gets home from work, but we will also be leaving before he's even awake in the mornings so they will never get to see him.
Not fair to either.
But here is something we started last week to hopefully help solve this problem.
The boys have started sleeping in the same bed.
It has been awesome, and they are so adorable together!
The room they are in now is small but on the side of the house so it gets darker sooner.
They possibly could be to sleep by 7:00-7:30pm.
But Rhett isn't home until after this time, usually, so I'm going to have to have them fed, bathed and ready to go so Rhett can just read him books or something.
It's going to be a tough schedule!


3 comments:
connor and logan are in bed at 7:30...during the school year, and if colin is gone on a trip then sometimes they go to bed as early as 6:30. it depends on how bad of a day it has been.
it can be hard on colin when he hasn't been able to see them for a few days, but it makes my life so much easier, and colin is more likely to take them away for special daddy outings when he is home so that i get my precious "jen" time.
it's a win-win for everyone.
so basically, i say yes, put those kids to bed early because it is SO worth it.
Oh Wow! That is a lot to think about. Good luck with all of your decisions. I am sure things will work out. You will do an awesome job teaching 4th grade again.
Congrats on the job!! As far as your boys never seeing their dad that is a dilemma!! I have the same one. There was one week when Zac didn't see his dad for 8 days strait because of work. Maybe on your days off we can have our boys play to pass time.
Post a Comment