Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Food, Family and Fun


Auntie BB and Uncle G came to visit for the Fourth.
My boys love them like crazy.
Breanna is really my cousin, and the boys' second cousin
but auntie and uncle is a lot easier.
They are the best
and Brenden would wake up in the morning whining, "BB...BB!"
and Cameron would say to me,
"When is BB coming over?
When are we going to go see G??"

Everyday was a ticking time bomb.
If we didn't see them or plan to see them, there would be fits (mostly from the kids).

Cam still tells me to keep driving to BB's house sometimes now that they're gone.
They live in the Bay Area.

We also had Breanna's family here (Jeanine, Allen and Clark)
and the week was one big food/party fest.

The Friday before the Fourth, we all drove to Park City for a day of shopping.
Breanna, Gavin, my mom, my grandma
(GG to the kids for great-grandma),
uncle Mark and Aunt Jeanine all came.
We had a great day shopping and I found some great things.
I also found that I was fooling myself
thinking the kids would be happy being along for the ride.

We left about 5pm and the second I got on the freeway,
I looked back at the kids...

My little brother Paul turned 28 on the 4th.
We love celebrating his birthday and America's.

For a few years now,
we have been going to our Aunt Robyn's brother's community pool
for swimming and BBQ
for the Fourth of July.
It is always a blast.










Later that night, we all piled into our house for another BBQ and fireworks.
There were about 25 people in and out of our house.
It was awesome.

Avoiding the seed as much as possible,
we all climbed up to the top of our yard and watched the fireworks at Thanksgiving Point.
We have a pretty good view actually!
We also walked up to the church and lit off some of Paul's fireworks from Wyoming.
You know, those kind.

Monday was another BBQ at my mom and dad's house
and a farewell to all the cousins from Cali.

And today, it has been one week and one day since Rhett and I rented the power rake and nearly broke our backs pushing that thing up and down our hill to fluff up the dirt.

And it has been one week since they sprayed the seed on our dirt.

We have been watering this dirt
seven times a day and I keep thinking,

Is anything really going to grow?

And then, as I crouched down I noticed this...
We may just have a lawn by the end of the summer.

2 comments:

just jen said...

fun

fun

and more fun, i can't wait until i can join in.

yeah for grass!

Manion Moments said...

So cute...except for the pictures of me, especially the one of me shoving food in my mouth. Auntie BB misses Cam and Brenden!!!!!