It's a simple mistake, really, but it makes me wonder who people are talking about if they spell my name with one 'L'. Many people get it wrong; it's easy to do (even my "friends" whom I've known for years do it!!). So I'm not quite sure if it was me who was tagged, but I haven't ever been tagged for this one so I want to play, too!!
Attached or Single- Attached to Rhett, and attached to the hip by Cameron and Brenden
Best Friend- Rhett is my number one best friend and my absolute favorite, naturally. We share our whole lives, like best friends do and I wouldn't have it any other way.
But a girl can't get by without some girlfriends....Jenni and Katharine are the best. I've known Jenni since 8th grade and Katharine since 10th grade. Jenni and I keep in touch on iChat as often as we can.
Katharine and I go on dates every once in a while.
They are my favorite girls.
My brother Paul
and my friend Paul from high school
are my other best friends that I talk to as often as possible (PS both Paul's are cute, funny, talented and SINGLE). I also wish my best friend Nate hadn't moved to NY, because he is on the list, too, but I don't get to talk to him and hang out with him as often as I want.
A best friend is someone who accepts you as you are, junk and all. Each of these people listen to me, help me, laugh with me, and never expect me to pretend to be anyone but me. They accept me and I can talk with them candidly and honestly and I have SO MUCH FUN with them. They are my absolutely favorites.
Cake or Pie- Probably cake because there's more opportunity to eat it but there's nothing like banana cream pie, warm apple or cherry or jumbleberry pie with ice cream and key lime pie isn't too bad, too, but then there's ice cream cake which I will have for any and every occassion from Cold Stone and this amazing coconut cake that I just had tonight at a friend's birthday party. It was AMAZING. (PS the birthday party was for their ONE year old....they had a two-tiered, fondant frosting, coconut HEAVEN cake for their one year old daughter. This cake was like better than my wedding cake! almost)
Day of Choice- for....? Watching tv? Thursday (or any day with DVR for that matter). Playing with kids? Everyday I'm with them. Hanging out with family? Sundays for sure (the only day Rhett and I really have together).
Essential Item- lip gloss or beeswax, bobbie pins and iPhone. Never leave home without them.
Favorite Colors- periwinkle, sage green, chocolate brown, black
Gummi Bears or Worms- I have bad teeth, genetically inherited. Gummi bears are the yummiest for me and I like to eat them one at a time and dismember each bear slowly, but both make my teeth hurt if I don't eat them carefully. I don't really eat a lot of candy. Cake and desserts are my real loves.
Hometown- Not sure what that means, really. Where do I call home? Anywhere my boys are with me, but which town am I from? I guess Orem. (My dad was in the army so its confusing to know what to call my "hometown" but we lived in Louisiana, New Jersey, Germany, Kentucky, Colorado and then moved to Utah when I was in 8th grade until I graduated from BYU).
Indulgences- Sitting in front of the computer late at night, anything at a salon or spa (massages, facials, pedi's mani's, hair coloring, waxing, wraps, etc), sleeping without interruptions...any time to myself, really. You take alone time for granted when you don't have kids and yearn for it when you do. It has become an indulgence for me.
January or July- Although I love cold WAY more than I love heat, July is more fun with friends and family. My brother, Paul, was born on 4th of July and it has always been an awesome holiday for us.
Kids- Cameron is three and a half, Brenden is almost seven months (Rhett is 32).
Life is Incomplete without- the Plan of Happiness and the Gospel; not knowing that I will always be with Rhett, Cameron, Brenden, future babies and my amazing and wonderful extended family (friends, too) would be devastating. They are my everything. (What? It's cheesy, but it's true!!)
Marriage Date- 2/22/2002
Number of Siblings- Four brothers, three older and one younger.
Oranges or Apples- both. madarin, tangelo, regular (I especially love the white parts, is that weird?), granny smith, golden delicious - any
Phobias or Fears- see my other post on Liberatin'...there are many.
Mostly, freaky eyes.

These freaky eyes were brought to you by the SLC Real Soccer Team lion from the UEA Convention. I was checking out their little game where you kick the soccer ball and win a book for your classroom (yes, I won a book on my first kick) and this FREAKY lion came out of no where and my heart skipped a beat and I got a pit in my stomach as soon as I saw his eyes. I had just finished my post on fears and thought maybe if I said hi to him and took a picture, it would liberate me of that fear because I would see he was just a fun-loving mascot!.....No, I am still absolutely FREAKED OUT OF MY MIND thinking of those eyes and will not be able to edit this part of the post again.
Quotes- "There is no such thing as luck; it is preparation meeting opportunity."
"Keep cool my babies!"
"You know how it is - rockin' and rollin' and what not!"
.....haha, no, ok I just have a hard time with this one because people say good things but I don't have the memory power to remember them and apply them to my life. So sad.
Reason to Smile- hearing silly and adorable things come out of Cameron's mouth, hearing Brenden say da-da-da and make silly faces, hearing the door open and knowing that Rhett is finally home, hanging out with friends and family, that my mac is working.
Season- Spring or Fall. My all time favorite smell is right after it rains. Rain is my favorite. I also love the smell of cold air. Yes, it does have a smell. So the rain on the dirt or sidewalk in the Spring, or the smell of fresh, cold in the air in the Fall. Both of these things are better in the mountains or in Park City, btw.
Tag 3- Jenni-Joy, KT, Nathan T.
Unknown Fact- Rhett and I almost got matching tattoos on our honeymoon, but it seemed too cliche and cheesy and the tattoo parlor at King's Beach in Lake Tahoe looked too dilapidated. I also was nervous to taint my clean slate. I talked myself out of it....I secretly still want one.
Worst Habit- leaving things where they drop, not putting away clean clothes right out of the dryer=procrastinating cleaning, saying how I feel without thinking, talking too much and/or getting into people's business too much...I always want to help fix things.
X-Rays or Ultrasound- had only one xray in my life (these dang hips) but many ultrasounds. I even had one of those colored ultrasounds to see fluids, blood, oxygen and whatever. It was cool.
Your Favorite Food- that's not even funny. You don't ask someone like me to choose that. I will tell you all the things I don't like because everything else would be my favorite and they all just wouldn't fit here... I don't like black olives.
Zodiac- Libra, and it does a number on me. I can't make a decision to save my life!!
Saturday, November 10, 2007
Alison or Allison?
Posted by
Mrs. Misses
at
5:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
aLLison, you are so clever! i will do this tag, but not as good as you...i might have to scan some old pictures...
I personally don't like getting tagged (so I'm glad you didn't tag me!) but you made it fun. I can't believe you would even CONSIDER getting a tatoo....shame on you Allison!!!:)
oh alley baiby! I laughed so much reading this and it made me so happy that you put me down as one of your best friends and yes, I will do this tag... anyway, the part that made me laugh the moist (that's a typo-moist-but I'm gonna leave it, 'cause moist is funny) that part that made me laught the most-was the cake part because...remember when you'd bribe me to come over to your parent's house with food....? love you!
This was fun, and we can be great friends because I hate the heat.
Jen, I only added pictures to make it more fun to read. You don't have to add it to yours (remember I am long-winded and make everything a novel).
Brooke, don't pretend to be so shocked. I am secretly in love with Kat Von D and think the stories behind people's tattoos are intriguing. I'm too indecisive to ever commit to one thing anyway, and would be too guilt-ridden to actually go through with it.
Nate, duh you are one of my best friends, I am so happy you love cake moist of all and remember how the bribing worked every time??
Martha, heat invokes anger and insanity in me when I'm not dressed for it (who's wearing a bikini around their house, 'cept for Jen).
To the rest, aren't tags kinda fun? You get to talk about yourself (always a plus) and people get to know you better!
I don't know that I am ready for this. But I will rise to he challenge just as soon as I finish training for marathon and solving that world hunger thing...
I just need to keep telling myself that it is not competition. I don't have to be as funny or clever as Alison, I just need to contribute something great to society.
No pressure.
(I really do love this and am honored to make the cut. I just have to write my cynical answer because that is who I am)
You seriously are going to spell my name wrong in a post that is titled "Alison" or "ALLISON??" What kind of friend are you KAYTEE!??
Black olives are the devil.
so what the hell happened to the V?? did no one else notice?
I liked how you put pictures along with the tag. It made it all the more interesting. I'm not to surprised about the "tat"...everyone has their secrets!
Post a Comment