Thursday, November 22, 2007

I Talk Too Much

HERE ARE THE RULES: 1.The player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves - try to find 6 you haven't already posted about! 2. At the end of the post, the player tags 6 people and posts their names, and then goes to their blog and leaves them a comment, letting them know they have been tagged.

1. I daydream of sleeping. Not just going to bed at night or taking an afternoon nap, I want to spend 12 hours in my bed, tucked up to my head with covers, a fan blowing and utter darkness. I need the fan to make noise to put me and keep me asleep (since becoming a mom, I hear every breath and whisper in the night) and to keep me cold. I love the feeling of cold, crisp sheets and a slight chill running through me. Puts me right to sleep. And I'm talking like 2 minutes. I can be completely asleep in two minutes. Every night. I never have a problem falling asleep and am often snoring before Rhett even has a chance to settle in. And no matter when I wake up, I always feel like I can sleep for another four hours. Even after a full eight hours. It may have something to do with my overwhelming continuous lack of sleep all through high school and college and the first difficult months of my babies, but I feel best after 10 or 12 hours. That is, when I can get 12 hours, which is like NEVER. And I never seem to be able to catch up to feel fully rested. Five or six hours of sleep is the only way I seem awake enough in the morning. But then I'm exhausted by early afternoon.

I'm sure I have a sleeping disorder.

There was a time back in the day when I was able to sleep 12 hours and I WOULD but now I just dream about it. My dad bought me a new bed and mattress as a graduation present and I would honestly go throughout the day daydreaming and looking forward to the time when I could go lay in my bed. And sleep.


PS When I was at BYU, I took a yoga class and we always ended the last 10 minutes with this corpse pose. I would wake up snoring almost every time....yes, in 10 minutes.

2. In high school, my "friends" would sometimes call me "A Minus." They thought they were so hilarious, but I showed them by getting a water bra and every Victoria's Secret push-up, padded bra that I could afford. Having babies gave me a good "almost able to pretend that I wear a C-cup" but mostly just a B. Hooray for children and nursing. (PS A handful is really all you need anyway).

Notice how not only does the dress NOT fit me in the bust, shoulders or waist, it also is about six inches too long and hideously green and sparkly. I'm not saying I'm small or skinny, just that I was short, "A Minus" and never could find anything that fit correctly (I still can't, especially because I'm short, "B Plus" and 30 lbs heavier).

3. I attended Girl's Camp for 9 years.
I was there 6 years as a Young Woman, and 3 years as a Stake Leader and I loved every second of it. As a teenager, I loved the friendships, the singing, the chores, the amazing spirit you don't feel anywhere else, the obstacle courses, the flag ceremonies, the hikes, the canoeing, the leaders (most of them) and the overall experience. As a leader, I loved the planning, preparation and the presenting of the lessons, the flag ceremonies, the skits,

the games, the obstacle courses, the hikes, the songs, the meals, the EVERYTHING!

I guess it was an early manifestation of a future teacher at work. I have so many wonderful memories of those years and sometimes wish they weren't over. Anytime you're up for singing some beautiful harmonies or Girl's Camp lullabies, I am THERE!
(I know, I know...now they're going to call me to the Young Women because I have put it out there but I'm JUST SAYING).

(This just in...I have been informed that I may have gone to girls camp for 11 years - 6 as a young woman and FIVE as a stake leader. I should have a number seven here on how horrible of a memory I have. Maybe I have a brain disease or a tumor. *insert tumor line here* Something is seriously wrong, though, cause how can you forget two years??)

4. One of my favorite shows (since I was in the 2nd grade, no less) is GREASE


and Grease 2 (although it has a bad rep)

and I can quote most every line. I find that sprinkling life with some of these quotes makes it so much more flavorsome. I didn't realize how raunchy it was until I had already established my undying love. So, you would be surprised to know that I didn't jump on the High School Musical bandwagon until this year, but no worries - I have caught up with fierce speed and am in love with a romantic, cheesy high school musical once again. Cam and I watch it probably 2-3 times a week (HM2) and we love to rewind "Bet On It" over and over. Cam likes it so he can pretend he's Troy and dance and sing with his little toy microphone, but I just like to watch Zac Efron dance and hear his amazing vocals (his or not). I often find myself analyzing the lyrical, musical and theatrical similarities to Grease (as seen in one example here)

and Cam and I often find ourselves playing Troy and Gabriella (respectively, of course). Yes, sometimes we even break into a dance number in the middle of doing whatever because isn't that what life is all about? Music and dancing when you least expect it and when life needs more emotional, theatrical expression? It is awesome and I love these shows. I also love making fun of it, but I'm not surprised that it has swept the world. I will be getting it for Cam for Christmas and watching it more than he will and singing more loudly than he does.

5. I have no motivation to do practically anything. Especially workout and get into shape. I was told by a doctor in high school that I needed to start a workout program because of my hip and knee problem. It was good advice and I still think I should start that someday. I need a workout buddy!!

6. Even though my ancestry is English and Swiss, I have a full-blown moustache and uni-brow, if I let them grow. I am constantly plucking, bleaching, waxing and wishing for more feminine days. Maybe its having four brothers or maybe its just the hairy English genes but it is exhausting. Sometimes I wake up in the morning and am horrified to see how a few days of laziness has altered me into the beginnings of a she-wolf. I also want to brush, trim, bleach or pluck most people's eyebrows that I see. It's not personal, it's business. Please let me help you.


Oops...forgot I was supposed to tag 6 people for the 6 things. How about....Brooke (bandbbigs), Chelsea Stevens (as soon as she starts a blog!), Nate (NOTHING is lost forever), Josh (oramartist), Elyse (larsen family) and Lisa (izatt). I will let Katharine off the hook because it took her so long to finish her other tag. Of course, if you're up for the challenge, it's all you, girl!

11 comments:

Nathan said...

AWESOME!!!!!! Cole loves "Bet On It" too...I've caught him all alone in the kitchen singing it. That's kinda awesome....and by the way--I NEVER called you "A minus".

just jen said...

remember when i thought there was a rapist in my house and i made you walk over to my house and then we watched grease 2?

you probably don't...

martha corinna said...

These are awesome!
I have serious sleep issues too. All I want for Christmas is some sleep.
I LOVE the girl's camp pictures.

Carrie said...

Did you mention YOGA?? I love yoga, and was thinking that I may take a class at the legacy center after the holidays are over, if you are interested in coming with me?

*Lisa* said...

Oh my goodness, I couldn't believe what I saw on your blog- those crazy pics. They look familiar, I think they are from me- lol. I know for sure I took that last one. I'm totally loving that you blogged about this. I miss those days! You've got me all homesick for Camp Shalom! I sing "Sleep Tight, Sandman's a comin'" to my boys. Ben knows it- someday he'll learn how to sing one part while I sing the other ;)

*Lisa* said...

Oh and I'm pretty sure you were there like FIVE years as a leader, weren't you? Seems like I was there for four (I remember by the themes for camp, lol- the pioneer one, Boot Camp, Mission Impossible, and that one year with the bright orange shirts) and you were a Stake leader the year before me (when I was my ward camp dir) with Kara, Michelle, and Heather... Girl, we went for SO many years... crazy. Like 11 maybe?

Mrs. Misses said...

I thought it was 11 years, but that seemed crazy! I was blaming it on my bad memory. I know I was there a lotbe cause I couldn't stay away. It was my break from the world and spiritual refresher every summer.

I sing "Sleep Tight" to Cam and Bren, too! Cam asks for it sometimes. And I totally try and teach him both parts so someday he will sing with me! We are funny.

Marianne said...

Okay so I think one of the girls in the first girls camp pictures was my EFY counsler. How's that for random. I'll have to talk to you about that later. Love your tag and learning more about you!

Mrs. Misses said...

Marianne! Seriously?? You must be talking about Heather Raddatz because I know she was an EFY counselor. Is that who you mean? She has been my friend since 8th grade and was one of my bridesmaids for my wedding! We definitely need to talk!! Small world!

Joshua Oram said...

Working on mine...

Stephanie said...

I loved you at girls camp!!! And I love that you have a picture of Heather. AND I love that you have a blog! Yeah! Thanks for your comment on mine. Your boys are beautiful