Monday, November 5, 2007

Keep the Sabbath Day Holy

Cam loves to go to Smith's and wants to go whenever he sees it. This is especially true on Sundays. We try to help him understand that we don't shop on Sundays and will often tell him that Jesus says we shouldn't shop on Sundays because we should just go to church and be with our family and learn about Jesus and church. That has become our answer to a lot of religious things that are hard for him to understand, "Jesus says" this and "Jesus says" that.

So, today, we were driving past Smith's and Cam says, "Mom, I want to go to Smith's and get a bagel!" I told him that we couldn't go today (because I was tired and not wanting to drag the kids in, but I was even too tired to explain all this) and I heard Cam say under his breath,

"I don't like Jesus."

It came completely out of nowhere and caught me so off guard that, I'm so sorry to say, all I could do was laugh HYSTERICALLY because he obviously just meant that he thought we couldn't go because it was Sunday and "JESUS says we shouldn't go on Sundays." I, of course, set him straight but I just had to share because it really was so funny at the time.

3 comments:

Katie Riggs Hansen said...

You are lucky because Cam is hysterical! My 2nd favorite part of your party (after seeing friends) was listening to him talk to Kimball as if he was just another little boy. Four legs and long tongue aside. SO cute!

just jen said...

i have a hard time with that commandment too...

martha corinna said...

This is great! I love Jesus, but I remember thinking, as a youth, that I wished my parents hadn't joined the church until like 1991 or something.