You know how you mostly forget what you went through during labor to bring your first child into this world and yet you still go and have another one? I am realizing that this is how I'm starting to feel about moving.
I knew getting into it that I wasn't going to like moving again. It was all exciting and new at first and I was making so many plans - new organization system in the play room, A PLAY ROOM, what to put in the guest room, how would I decorate the new front room with the fireplace and all those other things that come with a brand new baby. I mean, house. I know it's going to be painful in the end and the packing is going to take long, laborious hours with very few breaks. I'm doing my best to stay hydrated and not pull any muscles and I find myself not wearing shoes around the house (either because I can't find them or because it's not comfortable). I know there may possibly be people there to watch and I may be embarrassed and show too much of what we have hidden in cupboards and the basement. I know that I am looking more and more uncomfortable and stressed out and have no energy to even comb my hair. My clothes are all packed and I'm having a very difficult time finding things to wear. I also know that it will all be over soon and that it will SO be worth it in the end. But for now, this is the view from the end of this incubation period...
....we are almost ready for delivery. I am counting down the hours.


6 comments:
Hey, did you sneak into my house a week ago to take those pictures? I feel your pain... on both accounts (moving and giving birth).
just think....
you will have to unpack those boxes once you get to your new house...YUCK!
but at least you can take as long as you want.
i can't wait to see your new house.
Oh gosh... that looks so familiar. At least you aren't both moving and getting ready to give birth, things could be worse! ;) Our new house is finally starting to NOT look like that- things are finding a home slowly but surely! I hope everything went well with your move today! Good luck with getting settled!!!
Can we still be friends even though I didn't help you move? Im so sorry! I got sick on Thursday and have been in bed until this morning. No good.
That is a good comparison Alison. We already miss you guys! I hope things are settling down--thanks for watching Ty on Saturday, I had to be at that baby shower!
Congrats on the move and the baby. I'm glad I don't have either of those to worry about this weekend. Wish I could be there to help out... or should I say I'm glad I live so far away. :) Miss ya and love ya!
Post a Comment