Monday, June 30, 2008

My New Friend

From the first night we slept in our new house, I have been changed. I have been congested and sneezing with itchy eyes, itchy cheeks, sore throat, itchy throat, itchy neck, itchy ears, plugged ears, and a runny nose, which seems a bit impossible to have a stuffy nose AND a runny nose at the same time, but it totally happened. I forgot to take my Claritin the first day or two but got back into it after having a horrible time sleeping. It was that foggy sleep with one nostril clogged and the other clear - do you know the kind? After a week of the same, I bought some Zyrtec thinking something different might help. Three days completely told me otherwise. It was even worse! So I tried Benedryl allergy at night and Zyrtec during the day but it was not much of a help. I was almost feeling like I was allergic to the new HOUSE! With all that they finished so last minute, there could have been lingering drywall dust or paint fumes or something that was affecting me. Whatever it was, I was MISERABLE every. single. day. and night. I have never been so exhausted from lack of sleep and constant nose-blowing, sneezing and rubbing my raw, itchy eyes.

Finally, last Monday, i went to the doctor's office to see what in the world was wrong with my super senses. Rhett has allergies but was doing fine with the Zyrtec I bought. When I first moved to California, I developed these over-productive allergies and I tried everything. The only thing that helped was Allegra. So I went hoping that the doctor could write me a prescription for some Allegra and maybe do some allergy testing. I was also secretly hoping that I had a sinus infection so that they could get rid of it faster but it turned out to be just serious allergies. So I got me some Allegra-D (decongestant) and have been sleeping much better ever since. I can even breath freely without the fear of flying, runny snot or clogged mucus membranes. And I only sneeze a few times a day instead of a few times every hour.

Allegra-D is my new friend. And I'm so glad I'm not allergic to the new house because I would definitely like to stay.

2 comments:

Emily A. Gunderson said...

I'm so glad you're alive. I've missed you.

just jen said...

i too enjoy the miracle that is known as allegra-d.

have you ever asked lindsay about it?

she has a strong testimony of allegra and it's life changing abilities.

amen.