It's been the usual hassle to try and find someone to watch the kids. I've looked at a few daycares and talked to a LOT of people in the ward and finally found a situation that will work for the summer. Two weeks before we were finally settled into this new situation, Cam was at a neighbor's house who has three other children. I got a call from her one of the days she was watching the kids because Cam had FALLEN IN THE WINDOW WELL!
Poor little guy! Not even sure what really happened but can you imagine how scary that had to have been? I wouldn't even want to walk in or touch a window well at all, but to FALL IN? (shudder)
We also bought some new couches at Scratch and Dent (thanks Lindsay S for the info) and maxed out my IKEA credit card with all kinds of needs that we didn't have before. What is about IKEA that makes us want to constantly shop there and find reasons to have a $12 side table or a chair that hangs from the ceiling? Is it the great prices? The fun Saturday nights spent putting furniture together with that L-shaped tool that always slips out of the handle? The carts that have four-wheel drive? Or is it the Ligonberry juice and the baby food in the cafeteria? I really can't answer that question except to say that it might just be all of the above and more. Yes more. There are endless possibilities. Brenden even loves to go and try out the furniture. He seriously laid his head on every item at his level. Ok, maybe he was just throwing out hints that he was ready for a nap after this particular three-hour excursion.
He was fine and probably won't "wrestle with other kids near the window well" again, but it just makes me wonder why the windows don't come standard with covers on them. I know they need to be escape portals in cases of emergency, but is it just another ploy by the cheap contractors or owners to save some money? That should be against the law.
Did I tell you that we have a fireplace in our new house? I can't wait for the idea of heat from a fire to be appealing. It's been fun to decorate it with our cute pictures of the boys, though, but I'm not sure where I want things yet. There are a lot of empty walls and spaces that I'm not sure what to do with yet.
Notice that Cam isn't in any of the pictures. Yeah, he was in the Playland for an HOUR. Reason #87 to love IKEA.
Maybe this post should have been titled We Love IKEA.


2 comments:
I'm totally jealous of the IKEA, I've never even been to one, our closest is like 2 hours away... next time I'm in Utah, watch out! ;)
I totally am right with ya on not knowing what to do with all the wall stuff. I have frames propped up on the fireplace and no clue where to put things permanently!!
Glad you found a daycare solution for a while, and that your allergies are feeling better. Glad to see you blogging again too-- hope your internet stuff gets better!!!
scratch and dent?
i need to go there immediately!
how cute is bren, lying his head down everywhere? i love it!
Post a Comment