Friday, February 13, 2009

Doorbell

I don't know what the deal is, but yesterday morning I was awakened by the doorbell - at 7:40am. The first time it rang I was still asleep and heard it like a dream but the second ring woke me right up.  There was no way I was getting out of my nice warm bed just to give dirty looks to whoever was trying to disturb us.  But Rhett never heard it.  He never even flinched.  And the weirdest thing is this is the THIRD time I have woken up in the early hours of the morning to a doorbell ringing, once as early as 6am.  And I don't just quietly wake up - I am immediately wide-eyed and even have thrown off the covers once in disorienting surprise...


Do you think I am just imagining it?  

Is my brain THAT amazing at creating such realistic sounds that wake me completely from my deep sleep?  

Is it related to the robberies that happened around our neighborhood in the Fall?  Like, they ring the doorbell to see if you're awake or to distract you and then break the windows in your car to steal everything?  I guess that doesn't make much sense...

Was someone trying to tell us our car had rolled into the middle of the street or that we qualified for a discount on carpet cleaning?

I don't know what's going on but it is seriously weird...

4 comments:

Nathan said...

so wait...is there no on there when you go to the door? I'm confused...
but i love you =)

Mrs. Misses said...

*sigh*
"There was no way I was getting out of my nice warm bed..."

I never went and answered the door. Too early in the morning. I was just sayin...

Joshua Oram said...

This has happened to me before, but with other sounds, like I'll hear a crash that I swear could only be a 747 crashing through the neighborhood - I'm startled awake and looking around, afraid to see half the house gone, but everything seems fine. Sometimes I'll realize that the noise was nothing more than a hanger that had fallen in the closet or whatever, but other times I haven't been able to figure out what the sound was. My dad recently had the same thing happen to him, so we were just talking about this - how sounds fool your brain when you're half in and out of sleep. Weird.

just jen said...

growing up my mom always would say that someone was knocking on the door.

and, of course, no one was...

i think it means that you are officially a crazy mom.