Friday, February 13, 2009

Gorgoza Park

Some good friends from Park City invited Cameron to their twins' 5th birthday party. 
Rhett had the day off so we all went up as a family and I got a much needed Park City fix. 
Of course, I can always use more...

We got there and Cam was a little shy at first because I don't think we had seen them for 4-6 months. It was like making new friends again.
We bundled up the kids and tried to hold them off until everyone was ready to go up the mountain.
I took a few pics first and then took a few runs myself. 
We all had a blast! 







But later, I realized that Brenden had been sitting in melted snow under his bum and he was soaked through three layers to his skin. 
He and I went into the YURT for the rest of the time.

After two hours of sledding, we all came back to the yurt and had pizza from Davanza's. It was cheese and thin crust and awesome. (Yes, I did have a slice and then my stomach paid for it later). Charlie and Topher each had a cake with a candle to blow out and then they opened presents. I tried to take as many pictures as I could, hoping to get a few good ones. The kids were so cute and the twins liked playing with Brenden.





Cam picked out their presents - 
a big talking Mater and a remote control Lightening McQueen.  Best Buds!


This is basically what Rhett did the whole time.  
He was totally into the birthday party...
We left soon after and I hear Topher and Cam making plans for a playdate right after they left. 
I had to explain that it wasn't going to happen. 
He settled for going to their house the next day, which also wasn't part of anybody's plans. 
He's so funny how he decides things for all of us lately.

Rhett and I decided to brave the cold and the inconvenience and headed to the Outlets. 
How often do we get up to Park City anyway? 
Plus, Rhett had just sold one of his tvs so he had some cash to spend. 
I got a few cute things, too but the kids were worn out, hungry and bored so we couldn't stay long.  

It was a great day and it almost could have been perfect if I could have convinced Rhett to just drive around a few neighborhoods to see what the homes were selling for now that we have this wonderful economic crisis. He wasn't going for it...I'm sure it would have been too expensive, even with the prices coming down.  

So, I guess I'll just have to settle for birthday parties, "bargain" shopping and old friends who invite us up for excuses to smell the sweet air and bask in the beautiful mountains. 
I miss you, Park City.

3 comments:

Nathan said...

I miss park city too!!! I miss you more! Your boys are awesome--it looks like a really great time!!! =)

Alley Baiby, when you wrote:

"...their twin's 5th birthday party."

did you mean perhaps:

"...their twinS' 5th birthday party." ???

Just kidding--just see, you know that I know you love the grammar!

Good Jeepers I miss you!

N

Mrs. Misses said...

Ah, Nathan...you know me too well. I actually agonized over that little phrase for a while. I finally figured that since the word twin already represented two people, it only needed an 's to make it possessive. I guess I could be wrong because you would have to add an s to say "The twins live in Park City" or whatever, but at the time (late hours of the night) that seemed the more grammatically correct choice. I will change it and see how I feel...

I miss you too.

just jen said...

what a fun day (for you, not for me).

but the shopping sounds nice.

colin would have been doing what rhett was doing...annoying, unsocial, UNFUN husbands...