In church on Sunday, the woman giving the first talk
said something very interesting that I had never thought of before.
She was talking about the Strength for Youth pamphlet
and the Word of Wisdom
and how important it is to keep ourselves healthy.
Of course we want to be healthy and a good weight and strong but I had always thought about myself....how happy it would make me to be healthy so I could fit into my skinny clothes, how nice it would be to not look so round in my face, how cool it would be to be ripped and super strong and really even more how important it was to be able to play with my kids and not be so tired all the time.
But she said how important it was for us to be healthy
FOR OTHERS.
That we would never know when we would need health and strength
to save someone's life.
Whether that be a stranger, a neighbor or someone in our own family,
I had NEVER thought of it that way.
Now I totally do.


1 comment:
colin says that is the biggest reason for us to be healthy and in shape...you never know when you are going to have to save someone.
it's best to be prepared...
and look good in a bikini while doing it, right?
Post a Comment