As Cam is watching the Little Einsteins this morning through lethargic, red eyes from the virus that is raging through his small weak body, I can't help but wonder if he notices how off-key little Annie on the show is. She is a horrible singer! The show is made from the same geniuses who came up with Baby Einstein, and yet, they have chosen the most out-of-tune, tone deaf, flat and whiney-voiced character to be the one who loves to sing. Why in the world would they pick her to be the singer?? Shouldn't she be providing an example of how to carry a tune? Let her be the dancer or the baton holder or something. The whole show is about appreciating classical music, learning some basic theory and even understanding dynamics of music and has the kids pat, march, lead the music and sing along. As if it wasn't bad enough that we have to hear her sing once in a while, the other characters are constantly reinforcing this sharp or flat and whiney singin
g!
"Annie, sing for us!"
"Way to go, Annie!"
"Great singing!"
Shutup, gang! No its not!! Now they're lying. Even hearing her talk makes you cringe. Who are they kidding? Someone needs to talk with Julie Aigner-Clark and give her a clue. That's all...
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Morning Beef
Posted by
Mrs. Misses
at
11:31 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
AMEN sistah! I think this every time too. She is terrible. She must be related to someone who makes the show or something.
Can I just say I'm glad I'm not the only one! Let's write a letter to the company, let me give it a try!
I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING!!! This post is so f-ing hilarious. I love making fun of children's programming! Did you see the SNL TV Funhouse Dora the Explorer spoof....? You Tube it NOW!
Allison I MISS YOU--you are a great human being with such skills and humor....I MISS you!
SO I have never seen this show and maybe I would think differently if I did, but my guess to why they have this Sarah girl as the singer is to show kids that just because they aren't good at something or the "best" at something doesn't mean they can't do it. I seriously think there is a problem with that in our world today. People don't do things because they are no the best at them and that's just stupid. WOW, I didn't mean to ramble and I'm sure I would feel the same as you if I only saw the show but sometimes it's nice to just go against the grain a little. You can delete this comment if you want!!!
I haven't seen the show, either. BUT, I have a feeling that it will be a favorite. There are previews for little einstein on Easton's baby einstein shows, and he loves those previews just as much as the show. Thanks for the heads up.
she really does suck at singing...that's why we watch the backyardigans instead. they can actually sing!
Huh, we've seen every episode and bought their movies because they're my kids' favorite, but I never noticed bad singing. I'm not the best judge, probably. In any case, I do agree with Marianne's idea about not having to be great in order to do something; I doubt this is the point the show's producers are trying to make, though. Is she really a "bad" singer, though, or just the kind of singer you don't like? Seems so subjective to me (unless we're talking about me - I'm just a bad singer, fact)
So every morning before I am ready to get up, Tatum sits in our bed and watches this show. I have actually noticed that she cant carry a tune.
This is hilarious. Why are some kids show so horrible when others are actually pretty tolerable?
Post a Comment