Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Phase 2 - Oatmeal Pancakes









Hooray for whole wheat breads, high fiber cereals, whole grain rice and FRUIT! I am so glad to be in Phase 2. I'm down 8.5 lbs and now should lose 1-2 lbs each week. I'm hoping to be at my goal weight in May. My friend and I are going to be adding P90X to the mix so maybe what I'm really looking for is my goal loss of inches, not weight. Hopefully I will be gaining some muscle mass. We'll see about that. I'll check back in later. Here was breakfast (one of my favorites that even CAM likes)...

1/2 cup oatmeal
1/4 cup cottage cheese
4 egg whites
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. cinnamon

Blend in the Magic Bullet, or blender of your choice, until smooth. Pour batter on skillet and cook like regular pancakes.

Toppings - sweet cream butter (kind of illegal, but necessary), syrup (sugar-free, if you can stomach it), mixed berries (mine were raspberries, blackberries, blueberries), fat-free whipped cream.

288 calories, 28 g protein, 32 g carb, 4 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 451 mg sodium, 5 mg cholesterol, 5 g fiber


If you don't like these, there is something seriously wrong with you. Rhett's excuse is that his ego prohibits him from admitting that he likes any food that is healthy, but anyone else would have a serious medical condition for not liking these. Fabulous!

4 comments:

just jen said...

looks like there is a lot of protein in these...i will have to try them out!

Nathan said...

yes, protein is good...

Marianne said...

Yum Allison...I will definately try this!

Katie Riggs Hansen said...

Kick ass, Alison! Congratulations. I am hoping the 5 times a week gym (including 7am pilates) will start to kick in soon.