Sunday marked a new beginning for our little CameronBear. He did one last farewell performance in Nursery the week before, volunteering to be Joseph in a little mock nativity that the nursery teacher put together. They asked me to substitute as the other teacher in his class and I was able to document the whole thing full of pillowcases, bathrobes and a baby doll in a manger..
I ad-libbed the Christmas story, doing my best to keep my audience in mind...
We positioned Mary and Joseph and told the other kids to quietly come to the manger and kneel, just like the wise men and the shepherds did. They could even kiss the baby Jesus if they wanted.
I have NEVER, in my WHOLE LIFE seen kids that age be as reverent, quiet and gentle as they were that snowy Sunday morning. It brought tears to my eyes...
Cameron must have felt how special it was, too, because he didn't want to take his costume off while they were coloring. That is, until it was "really, really hot" and he couldn't color comfortably anymore.
And THEN, this Sunday, after weeks of preparation, visiting an empty Primary room after church, sitting on the little chairs that probably wouldn't be used much by him, discussing the differences between Nursery and Primary and even doing a few hand-raising role plays, Cameron moved on to being a Sunbeam.
I hope he will "shine for Him each day" and not be one of "those kids" who doesn't follow directions or who hates being there. So far, he's talked more about Primary than anything he's ever done and has slept with his CTR ring and lost it about 9 times. He was stunned that they sang his favorite song, the "bird song" (My Heavenly Father Loves Me) and I think he may use that chair more than I thought. I guess you can't know success after only one Sunday, but so far so good!
PS I hope he falls in love with Mallory Wright, the dolled-up cutie sitting next to him who is more stylish than me any day. She is ADORABLE!
PSS Sorry...I got a little border-happy.
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Silent Night, Primary Day
Posted by
Mrs. Misses
at
7:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
He is already in Primary???? Wow. He is so adorable. I just got called to the Primary to teach the 11 yr old boys, yeah!!!
so cute...and he sits in the chairs, how wonderful. we have pews and connor mostly lies down on them...and that is not so wonderful.
That is adorable. I miss being a sunbeam teacher... it really is a fun age.
That is so sweet. What a sweetheart.
Josh - now a CTR 5 - hates church and fights us every week when we try to get him ready. Isn't it a little early for that? Sheesh.
Jackie is sunbeam now, and just seems dazed by it all. She just goes with the flow.
You are so creative and good with kids, and your right Mal is such a cutie and always is more put together then I am!
I just want you to know that I love your boys. After you left last night we talked about how Adrian had to read the whisperer book because you were doing something really right to have such good results. Good mommy-ing! I know it isn't like that every day and they can be terrors but all of them can. I just wanted you to know we were charmed by them.
Post a Comment