I made the mistake of checking out some Youtube videos of Enchanted in front of Cameron. I just wanted to be strong in my conviction for not liking it but as soon as Cam saw how CUTE these musical numbers are, we have had to watch them about 6-8 times a day, no joke. So, enjoy and know that these two musical gems are helping me to warm up to really really liking the movie, at least just these parts (and the romantic dancing scene at the end where McDreamy is softly singing to Giselle - LOVE IT).
Ok, ok, this last one is like the Russian sitting in the theater filming it with his video camera, but the part where Patrick Dempsey is singing (1:57) is really quite romantic...
You're in my arms
And all the world is calm
The music playing on for only two
So close together
And when I'm with you
So close to feeling alive
A life goes by
Romantic dreams will stop
So I bid mine goodbye and never knew
So close was waiting, waiting here with you
And now forever I know
All that I wanted to hold you
So close
So close to reaching that famous happy end
Almost believing this was not pretend
And now you're beside me and look how far we've come
So far we are so close
How could I face the faceless days
If I should lose you now?
We're so close
To reaching that famous happy end
And almost believing this was not pretend
Let's go on dreaming for we know we are
So close
So close
And still so far
Wednesday, January 2, 2008
It's growing on me...
Posted by
Mrs. Misses
at
8:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
you cannot DENY any longer...this is the best movie ever!!
Brad actually took the girls to this. They loved it, I guess I will finally get to see it when it comes out on video (if I'm lucky).
Okay, I have to see this movie now!
I don't have a huge desire to see this movie, but I'll watch the clips and maybe I'll want to (sorry, sometimes I get impatient and comment first:)By the way, the pics of your boys are so cute. You're CRAZY for being so last-minute!!!!
Awesome. Love the music - Alan Menken needs to win 500 more Oscars. But what about the animation in the beginning. Could you believe how amazing it looked? 5 billion times better than CG animation. Imagine Disney making a whole movie that looked like that. Oh wait... that's how they became Disney. What a bunch of idiots to shut down that entire division. BUT, a feature length traditionally animated film is now in production, so just a few more years to wait. But Allison, I feel bad now, because I gave you a hard time about not loving this film, and I neglected to mention that I had some of the same criticisms as you did. I wish they'd cut half the scenes with Pip and the fat slobbery guy, and Susan Sarandon bugged me, too. It's a bit slow in the second 30 minutes, as well.
What I loved, however (maybe I should just blog about this... nah) was seeing the typical Disney princess having to deal with the reality that we all know - that love is a big mess. That scene where Prince Edward finally finds her, only now she realizes she's not singing the same song as him, literally. And where she touches Can't Buy Me Love guy's chest hair. And realizing that she'd like to 'date' first, and her make-over scene, and that dance at the end... Did I mention Amy Adams? Seamlessly transitioning from ignorant bliss to full-blown grip on reality, and not just handling it, but taking control of it and always making the best of life, even when she got roaches instead of fluffy bunnies. With this movie, Disney successfully reinvented and modernized their Princess, and not just by giving her a bunch of fake girl power attitude and kung-fu moves (cough... Shreck), but by exposing her vulnerability, then showing how she overcame. If you ask me, that makes her stronger than all three Charlie's Angels combined. Okay, all done now.
I like the movie.
so maybe you already noticed, but the dance scene is strangely similar to the beauty and the beast dance scene...don't you think??
I just saw it. I liked it, but only because I kept reminding myself that they are being cheesy on purpose. When the dragon showed up I was about to throw in the towel, but then I remembered a fairy tale isn't complete with out a dragon.
Post a Comment