Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Automatic

My veteran blogging BFF informed me of the downfalls of music that automatically starts playing on your blog.  I have adopted these core blogging values and am curious if anyone will really hear what I'm about to say...


A.  Most music on your playlist is not your reader's same taste in music.

2.  I often find myself scrambling to find where that blasted player is located and even if I like the song playing, half the music player is usually missing from the page 
so I can't click on anything anyway, to stop or start.

and last but not least,

I, personally, am usually cruising your blog in the wee hours of the morning when the house is quiet, the husband is already snoring and my earplugs are in.  
I am savoring my alone time, straining from the incandescent light blazing into my naked eyes, knowing I should be wearing my glasses but too enthralled to move because I am reading your blog, among others, very intently, concentrating on each blurry word and then 
BLAM!
I nearly jump out of my skin because there is suddenly 
Tobi Keith or Yael Naim breaking the blissful, pensive silence.  

I am really a fabulous multi-tasker and love music, but I can't handle the swirl of someone else's music AND their glorious words in my head 
and especially the not knowing when it is going to go off.  
Or knowing its there and waiting for when it is finally going to automatically start.  
Or walking away from the page while it is loading 
only to come back to a blazing rendition of who cares.  

It's the same feeling I get when I am anticipating that first pull of my mustache being waxed.  

Maybe I need to shutup and get some sleep....