Monday, November 24, 2008

Let's Get Down to the Nidy Gridy

I need to talk about a few things that I am thankful for but I am going to breeze past the default list and clichés and get right into the "nidy gridy" (Nacho style).

I am thankful for neighbors and friends who are available for last minute babysitting so things like this don't happen.

This is the aftermath of my children being caged in my doctor's office for over an hour today. Obviously everyone was already on holiday or suffering from the pressure of the holiday because no one was available to watch the kids for me. (Thanks also go out to the receptionist staff for keeping an eye on the little monkeys in the waiting room while six vials were filling with my blood back in the patient's room).

I am thankful for grand openings that offer super deals and child-sized carts. Our new Smith's Marketplace is FABULOUS.
I am thankful for things like HAIR POWDER (thanks Kristia!), hair spray and pommade because they would have saved me from the flat, frizzy hair that I was sporting today. I don't need any other reasons to feel self-conscious, thank you and can't wait to be paid on Friday so I can buy some more.

I am thankful for the scriptures app on my iPhone for giving me NO excuses for reading scriptures every night. Thank you for being so convenient.

I am thankful to companies for offering paperless billing and not adding to the paper clutter found in many places around the house.

I am thankful for the Bissell Flip it for making cleaning my wretched kitchen a little easier (have you seen this thing?) and for it not working on tile so my mom could give me hers.
I am thankful for babysitters who go the extra mile and do the dishes and put the kid's toys away. (Like I have extra time to clean up after myself, my husband, my kids AND the kid's party mess while mom is away). Thank you so so much.

I am thankful to Curious George and Nick Jr. for helping me watch the kids so I could FINALLY take a shower in peace this morning.

I am thankful to Winter for allowing me to grow out my leg and underarm hairs undetected.

I am thankful for my children being young enough to not notice that I have hidden their Halloween candy from them and often will sneak a piece on a needy day.

....and...I gots me some more but I am thankful for the number that sleep does on my mood and ability to function and need to go grab it.

7 comments:

Shannon said...

Haha!!! I love the winter part about growing out that unwanted hair...hilarious because I do the same! I'm going to have to try that hair powder for my frizz. And Smith's marketplace is seriously one awesome store!

Rachel Leigh said...

I love your list! So fun and true. What is this hair powder by the way?

just jen said...

yeah for babysitters that clean up...those are priceless gems!

and amen to the unshaved legs and pits!

*Lisa* said...

If only we had a store with little carts, that would keep them busy!! I love your thankfuls!

Speaking of iPhones... I found a new skin on Slide.com - an iPhone with your pics sliding across. I thought you'd like it too- it's on the sidebar on my blog. I think you can just click on it to go and make one :)

martha corinna said...

Yes, these are good things.

I changed your name, I'm sorry it's been like that for so long. I clearly have issues. Could you tutor me as well?

Manion Moments said...

You make me laugh and that is why I love you so much! I have some exciting things to look forward too when we have little manions running around.

Nathan said...

I am so thankful for you ALLISON!

So...think about this for a minute: When I hear "nidy griddy" I instantly think: "take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty"....

just something to think about...

love you!