I missed school on Tuesday because I was horribly sick. Mostly just dizzy with serious body aches, but when you have kids and responsibilities that can't allow for dizziness and achey-ness, it IS horrible. So I had to work extra hours on Thurs and Friday to make up for it, but it was nice because by the time I picked up the kids on Thursday and made it home, it was time for dinner and then bath and then bed.
I really dislike down-time.


Friday was an extra late day. I usually pick up the boys from daycare between 3:30-4:30 but I had to work an extra 2.5 hours and wasn't there until 5:45. We cashed my check at one bank and the deposited it at another (long story). Cam whined about wanting to go to Wingers, the same ritual every Friday when we go to cash the check. By the time we got to Rhett's work, it was almost 6:30 with a lot of restlessness in the back seats.
We stayed for just a few minutes at AT&T
but it was obnoxious to be in that little space with whiney children so I rounded up the fussy troops and left.
I almost went home, but then remembered that the road to Millcreek Canyon was just two blocks away. It was a gorgeous day and the windows were rolled down, jackets were off. The canyon called to me...
So we started driving.
The air became crisp and slightly chilled
coming in through the open windows.
We...
Found a drive near the river,
Threw rocks in the river and found tiny shoots
sprouting up through the dead leaves.
Discovered a duck family in the same area
where we were throwing rocks.
Checked out the big hole
where the river was sucked away under the road.
Got back in the car and found that Rhett
had been trying to call the whole time.
He was off work by then and it was perfect timing. We still didn't want to go home and everyone was starving so Cam again said we should go to Wingers.
Why not?
We drove to the Wingers in Draper and had a fun Friday Night Dinner Date. The boys even behaved themselves pretty well!!
When we got home, Rhett made
chocolate shakes
and it was a great ending to a FABULOUS Spring Day.
I loved it.
Can't wait to do it again next week.


4 comments:
That sounds like such a fun evening! The weather was fabulous! I am sad that it is getting cold again.
I don't know why I teared up reading this...how things get frustrating and then beautiful. I love spring. I can't wait to hike. Me must get our families together and do it! I want to go to Zion's over spring break, am I crazy?
I absolutely love Spring! There is something so refreshing about finally not having to wear a heavy coat. I'm glad you had a good day.
Sorry I didn't catch all that...Rhett made chocolate shakes!?!? Sweet! In the Blendtech of course? Oh, yeah and I love spring too and miss the warm weather and the mountains. JK. Sounds like an outting we need desparately. We do all need to get together.
Post a Comment