Saturday, March 7, 2009

Two

I saw someone who I haven't seen for a long time and she said, 
"You are the Incredible Shrinking Woman!"

That was the nicest compliment I have heard in a long time!!

If you read my health essay 
(yeah, right, like anyone can tolerate ANOTHER one of my long emotional posts), 
you would know that I made a commitment to myself to start making some changes 
and I did. 
 I started on January 13th and I have lost TWO DRESS SIZES since then.

I was in it to lose it 
but now, even more, 
I am in it for the amazing health I am starting to achieve 
and how energized and successful I feel.  

It's nice to stop complaining about everything 
and start DOING something about it. 

And Mexico will be THAT much sweeter 
if I can be there without feeling self-conscious and disgusted with myself.  
This is Rhett's last qualifying month for the trip so we'll see what happens.  

4 comments:

*Lisa* said...

How awesome, I'm so glad you are doing well with it and feeling good!

just jen said...

yeah for you!

boo for me and all my treat eating and making.

i need to be more like you.

Jana said...

You rock! And good luck to Rhett because you deserve a trip to the beach!

Marci said...

Post a picture so we can see how great you look. It's the fact that you feel so great that is important. Good job! Glad to hear your dad is doing better.