My little CameronBear is a little Dude of Many Faces.
It is so fun to see his little personality come through now that he's getting older and can better use his creativity and imagination.
His sweet little face is so innocent and adorable.
He is a little performer with his crazy antics,
his serious, dramatic Oscar-worthy moments
and his surprisingly hilarious, wacky comments, funky dance moves, stirring monologues,
and entertaining scenes that he often will orchestrate and conceptualize on the spot.
You would almost think that it wouldn't ever get to a point where you wouldn't want see this adorable ham...
...his sweet smile, full of dimples
...mischievous, but bright, warm brown eyes
and his expressive little face. I often can't wait to see what he will come up with next
and how he will make me laugh hysterically. No, you would almost think that you wouldn't get tired of that.
But in the last two weeks, I have seen this adorable face
every night between 3am and 5am for sometimes hours at a time and although I love him,
I am getting so frustrated and tired of seeing it peeking in at me and him getting out of his bed in the middle of the night.
Maybe it was the bad dream that continues to haunt him from a few weeks ago, the routine change when we had company over, or the negative attention that he continues to get from me in my exhausted, frustrated, drained, crazy, unable-to-make-a-smart-decision-in-the-middle-of-the-night state of mind. I hope something will work soon because BELIEVE ME - I have tried everything that my special education, behavioral management background, classroom management training and parent-magazine-book-reading mind can think of, including the many suggestions from friends, family, Tracy Hogg and random internet parents who have been through the same thing. I have done it all. I can't wait to get back to enjoying this little face sleeping peacefully in his bed until it is TIME TO GET UP and not feeling anxious and anticipating the door opening in the middle of the night or finding his dark figure next to my bed. Talk about stubborn. This is one of the most stubborn little faces that I have ever known (although, I also know a grown-up version of it named Rhett). I'm tired of seeing it!
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Dude of Many Faces
Posted by
Mrs. Misses
at
9:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Oh no. Good thing he is so stinkin cute so you can't stay mad, right? :)
i hear you, ally...connor is still waking up between 5 and 5:30 saying he's not tired anymore.
unacceptable.
i think you are going to have to wait this one out...did you try the sticker chart with a reward thing? i also read about a mom that colored on a clock and told the kids that they couldn't come out of their room until the hands were out of the red zone(after 7 i think), but maybe that is for older kids....
i don't know...it sucks.
i think it's funny that the comment above me says you can't stay mad....haha!
p.s.
i am wearing winnie the pooh as i type this...
He is so very cute... and you are so much nicer than I am! Ben is so cute, he still just sits in his bed and calls us in the morning to come get him (usually he sings and talks to himself for a while first) which is fine with me, I'd rather not have him poppin in as soon as he is awake! If he wakes up during the night, he just calls to us- but if that starts to be a habit, we nip that in the bud quick- two or three nights tops. But the minute he starts deciding just to come on out whenever he wants, he's going to have a childproofed doorknob! This mama needs sleep and I need to know he's not wandering around the house at night too. We still keep a monitor in his room, so we know if he actually needs us...
OH and thanks for the comments on my blog! If anyone reads the dang thing (especially my dang family) they don't seem to get the commenting part. It's always fun to get some comments. Oh, and I totally learned the cupcake swirl thing on the Food Network, fancy huh? I'll let you in on the secret if you ever want it! =)
I'm sorry, it does suck. And I have no advice. Lulu still sleeps in a crib tent, she actually loves it. Norah sleeps on the floor of Lu's bedroom because she is scared, and you know about Abram, so I would be no good at advice.
Also, wanted to let you know that I am wearing a pony tail in my hair for like the 223,900th day in a row. Also, since I've been pregnant I've only worn make-up maybe 3xs. So I am awesome.
Post a Comment