Not only have we all been sick for over a month in our family, but we have also been missing school, work, and church. It has completely thrown us off our routine and I just want things back to normal! So last night when we got a call from the primary president, asking if Cam would say the prayer in Primary today, I figured it would be a good way to make a comeback into the land of the living. His prayer was short and sweet, but it got us out of bed, into real clothes and gave us a reason to comb our hair. Cam loves to be the center of attention, so he was loving it.
We left sacrament a little early so he could practice sitting in his chair and standing in front of the microphone, and then we tried to get him to be the reverent child. That lasted for about 4 seconds.
He started out on his own, but soon got a little tongue-tied so I helped him finish. Yes, I did add in that they should all be good listeners. It's my thing - I just strongly think kids should listen to their parents and their teachers! Even if I'm not their mom OR their teacher. And at the end, I whispered "In the name of Jesus Christ" but instead of continuing to repeat after me, he just said, "Amen." He does that for family prayers, too.
Of course, as soon as the prayer was over (about three minutes into Primary), Cameron continuously kept repeating that he wanted to go home (becoming a theme for the weekend, as it was the same dialogue from the birthday party we attended the day before for Cameron's 5 year old cousin - the second we got to the fun birthday party, he wouldn't stop saying that he wanted to go home! What is wrong with this child?). Rhett couldn't leave his side without him throwing a frantic tantrum in the middle of Primary, although the 35 or so wiggly primary kids under the age of 6 probably didn't notice or think anything odd about it, but he finally brought him out into the hall. My whole body hurt and I was hacking quite a bit so we just quietly left the building.
Amen.
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Makes A Comeback
Posted by
Mrs. Misses
at
3:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
So sorry to hear you've been sick so long. We finally all made it to church this week. It had been at least 3 weeks. We'll see how long it lasts! It's no fun being sick.
Aww what a sweetheart.
oh, primary talks and prayers...
between you and me, i am really needing to be released. time for some relief society for me...or i may have to become inactive!!
What an adorable little boy! Such a cute family you have.
How adorable! I just got called to the primary. It is great!
Amen.
Sorry about your sickness, it's probably because of the inversion, at least I like to blame everything on the inversion.
Primary prayers are my favorite!
He is so stinkin' cute. I love that you got a video clip of his prayer! So fun!
Post a Comment