Referring to my post a few days ago, Cameron has made progress in his nightly adventures. He now gets up pretty typically at 2:30am and either 4:30am or 5:30am and comes into my room stating that I need to "check on him." He doesn't seem to be awake and will usually be asleep by the time I check on him, after two minutes. But he still gets out of bed two times every night (since Monday)! He doesn't fight me, he doesn't stay awake, he doesn't SCREAM, he doesn't even seem to be awake when he walks into my room. And with me sleeping on the side closest to the door, I am always the one he wakes up!! So I have gotten past the negative attention, the frustrated, frazzled MOMster state of mind, the graduated guidance, the whole behavioral part of it. How do you break the waking habit of a kid who seems to be walking in his sleep?
Friday, February 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
i
don't
know.....
Sorry, I am no help! I have no experience with that yet. I don't even know why I writing you a worthless comment. Just know you have my sympathy. I hate interupted sleep!!!
This might be no help, but does he have a late bedtime for his age? I've read about some sleep problems in children being linked to lack of sleep, so moving the bedtime up a little (even gradually, 15 mins or so at a time) can fix these kinds of issues.
GL! I hear ya- Christopher has only had like one month of his life when he didn't wake me up at least once.
Rearrange his bedroom - "Lets make you an exciting new bedroom!" If he can find your room in his sleep, seems like a break in the routine layout could help. Plus, seems like his current bedroom is now associated with bad dreams. "New" bedroom will not be.
Plus, rearranging rooms is fun.
Post a Comment