Monday, July 14, 2008

Boo-boes


Here are last weeks highlights of more toddler speak....

I was sitting on the couch watching some show and Cam came to snuggle up to me. It was a bit tricky to sit comfortably and so amidst all the squishing and settling, Cam accidentally smacked his hand on my "boobs." Yes, that is actually what we call them in front of him. He then said loudly, "Oops, sorry I just touched your "boo-boes!" Then, after a quick reflection and a mischievous giggle, he said, "I LIKE to touch your boo-boes," and swatted them again. We had a little talk about not touching other people's private parts.

Cam was getting ready for bed and accidentally grabbed Bren's shirt and was trying to put it on. He got a little frustrated because he couldn't get it over his head. I realized what he was doing and said, "Oh, sweetie, that's not going to work because that's Bren's shirt now. You're getting so big! That used to fit you when you were little but you're FOUR now and you're just growing up so big!" Cam laughed a relieved laugh and took it off. He held the shirt on his lap and after a few seconds of quietly thinking about it, he said, "I AM getting so big! I'm almost a dad!!" and then did a little "Woo-hoo!" and threw the shirt in the air.

And finally, we were listening to something and I wasn't even paying attention but then I heard Cam say, "That's a MARVELOUS sound!" Didn't know he even knew the word "marvelous" but there it was and in the correct context, too. Hilarious coming out of a four-year old's mouth.

(Wonder where he gets it!)

1 comment:

just jen said...

funny boy...i can't believe how big he is.

i love your new house, so sorry i couldn't be there longer. i can't wait for my new house! you will come, right?