...the Top EIGHT Reasons Why I Hate Leaving My House with the Kids to Go Somewhere With Purpose (I couldn't think of ten)
8. Naptime. Brenden still takes two naps a day (LOVE IT) and it's very difficult to plan around them. There are even rare occasions when Cam will take one when Bren's sleeping and if I'm out doing something, I might miss the opportunity to catch a few zzz's. I treasure sleep.
7. Juggling. With two kids by myself, it is quite a circus act to get both kids out of carseats, into arms, holding hands, being safe, into carts, and offered enough attention as I am trying to shop and remember things, casually look at items (not usually possible), see friends or ask questions or deal with all their wants and needs and keep them happy throughout whatever activity there is....I am such a whiner because what's going to happen when there are more than just two kids? It's too bad I'm not a celebrity because this could be one of my acts on that celebrity circus reality show. (notice how I don't know the name of it because who really watches that?)
6. My Time. Leaving to go somewhere means that I will be missing out on doing things at home. That may mean playing with the kids in my pjs, watching tv (insert "in my pjs" after all of these, please), cleaning, laundry, dishes, being on the computer or eating. I hate feeling that I didn't accomplish anything at home by the end of the day. Staying home helps me to feel more accomplished.
5. The Drive. Besides just the gas that I would be using (cha-ching), if I don't have the right entertainment and/or snacks, it will be a whining, crazy, stressful time. The kids might also be a bit upset. Ok... I was actually talking about the kids. They still make driving stressful!
4. Planning and Preparation. It takes me quite a bit of time to plan and prepare everything I will need for an outing with the kids - phone, wallet, makeup, coupons, diaper bag with toys, treats, change of clothes, creams, lotions, binkies, blankies, books, juice, milk, water, shoes, extra shoes...ok I'm exaggerating a little, but I PACK for outings to Walmart and Smith's.
3. Anxiety. I'm nervous I will bump into someone from an old ward, from high school or from BYU who knew me when I looked totally different. I don't look like that anymore. I guess I am still fighting it. I used to have more self-confidence, but that was 30 lbs ago. I hate to be so dictated by my body image, but there it is and it leads into my top 2....
2. Makeup and Hair. It's almost never done when I need to leave so that means I would have to do it and that will take time and effort and it won't turn out the way I want it to anyway, so why go to all the trouble? Well...because of #3.
1. Wardrobe. I have nothing to wear. Literally. I still haven't lost those baby pounds (which should really be called ELEPHANT pounds or something) and so most of the clothes in my closet have just been patiently hanging there snickering at me. They know that no matter how many times I try them on, the shirts will be too tight in some areas (most areas), too short to cover what I need it to, too revealing and the pants and skirts will be too short, too tight, unable to zip or be horribly out of style. I hate feeling like someone is going to catch me looking frumpy when I really have fabulous style potential, if I only had something that fit me.
I discovered all these things after yet another day of trying to get to Walmart to do some grocery shopping. After a two-hour fiasco (typical) at the store and about 8 hours of the above, I just don't want to go anymore. Maybe I should start grocery shopping online.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
I Just Discovered...
Posted by
Mrs. Misses
at
5:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Can I just say AMEN to all of that. It's okay to exaggerate because in the middle of it all it seems that bad. Thank you for making me feel a little more normal!
OH GIRL, I could have written this post myself. I hear ya, I hear ya. The only thing on my side is that I live here a million miles from "home" and never have to run into anyone from my "former life" lol. So I don't care if I look fat or my hair is in a ponytail or whatever. With wards being more spread out, I don't run into people from church very often, and that's really everyone I know here.
You are totally not a whiner, it is hard! I hate going shopping with the kids. I end up shopping more often (thus having to go out that many more times) because doing a whole week's worth of shopping is impossible. They are screaming, crying, poking each other, etc etc etc. I don't know how I'm ever going to take three. I don't think I'm ever going to. I think the new rule is that shopping is done when Dave is home and I'm only taking the baby!
Hang in there girl, you are totally not alone!
i would rather kill myself than take both of my kids to to walmart.
that being said, i do it often and wonder why i am still here.
i am opposite from you in that if i do not leave the house i don't feel like i have accomplished anything. mostly because if i don't leave the house, i don't get dressed. then i just feel ugly and lazy.
i still say i need a nanny.
amen, amen, amen, amen to all of those things... and I only have one! What in the world will I do with 2?
I think that is why I can't have another kid. I would be a hermit. I am barely learning how to get out of the house. I credit it all to jen. She has helped me a LOT!
I loved this post and I think all of our husbands should read it!
Post a Comment