Sunday, December 14, 2008

Do I Need Stitches?

Cam and Bren's daycare put on a fabulous show Thurs night, chock full of everything from skits, singing, dancing, and SANTA.

Bren wasn't too impressed and just wanted his hands OFF.
We waited for Daddo to show up. ("Hurry up, DAD!")
I told Bren to say cheese and he did an 'E' sound and leaned in slowly closer and closer.
Rhett got here at 7pm in time to witness Bren marching to the Nutcracker Suite in his pjs and Cam singing about Santa.
Those little CARS slippers made the marching THAT much cuter!

It was an adorable production and every class put on their own little show. The Children's Academy takes kids from 6 month-olds to 6 year-olds who go to half-day kindergarten so there are quite a few classes. The staff is great, the place is nice and the kids have a lot of fun. The whole program was filled with ooohs and ahhhhs and squeals of delight from parents all around us (ok, us included). I would say there were probably 200-300 people in the audience. Afterward, there were cookies for all and we took pictures with the little performers and their teachers.

Cam's main teacher "Christy."
The other teacher helpers - Eric, Sean and Emma.
(Cam looks like he had one too many cookies!)
We mostly see and know Sean. Cam just adores him. He is a lot of fun and so nice.



Since we drove two cars, Cam went off with Rhett and I took Bren with me. Almost as if I was foreshadowing the future, I said to Rhett, "Can you take Bren? I am struggling here with these heels and trying to walk through the parking lot in the dark." But Cam insisted on going with his Daddo so I trudged off the other direction, still holding Bubs, to head out to my car.

I wasn't TWO FEET from my car when I hit a shift in the rocky pavement and went down on my knees. Bren was still safe in my arms and so I called out to the man who was off to the side of me, buckling in his daughter. I asked him to please take Brenden so I could get back on my feet. He took him and asked if I was ok. I hesitated but then was like, "Yes, I'm fine. Thanks for your help."

As I was buckling Bren in, though, I started NOT being fine. It started hurting REALLY badly! I sat with my legs dangling out of the car and pulled up my pants to inspect the damage. All I could see was a big hole in my knee and then I really started FREAKING out! Wouldn't you know that Rhett wouldn't answer his phone the first FOUR times I called him calmly. By the time he finally picked up, I was BEYOND panic and into hysterics. I told him I had fallen and probably would need stitches and where the crap WAS HE? He waited for me at the KFC parking lot down the road and when I showed him my injury, he calmly told me I would be fine and I didn't need stitches. I drove home in a lot of pain and struggling to breath evenly. I was a little panicked.

I doctored myself up and went to bed. I was fine the next day except for a little pain and the torment of questioning the idea of whether or not to get stitches at least a dozen times. Rhett kept saying that it would leave a really cool scar, but that's the LAST thing a woman wants on her knee.
When I finally made up my mind that I should have gotten them, of course it was too late. Saturday morning we had a Primary breakfast and Sydney and Lexi came to play. My cousin Kevin and his wife Mallory went shopping and I watched their two beautiful girls. I was still a bit distraught about how gnarly it looked so I asked them to get me some supplies while they were out. They were so nice and got me some steri strips and liquid bandage to help ease my anxiety about not getting stitches. Hopefully it will heal somewhat normally.
I should have gotten stitches!!

4 comments:

just jen said...

ow!

you should have gotten stitches!

is it still bleeding?

what shoes were you wearing?

and lastly, your hair looked SO GOOD!

Crystal Hadlock said...

Yikes! your knee looks like it def hurts! Sorry. The boys sure looked cute in the christmas pics! I love the one of cam where he is singing its so cute.

Lindz said...

That is horrible. On Sunday I was thinking as I was carrying Lex inside to Church that I was going to fall down. Thank goodness I didn't. I am so sorry and it looks like it really hurts.
Your boys are soooo cute. Bren is getting so big. I haven't seen you in a while. Oh, I saw your mom at church on Sunday.

Lindz said...

Jen is right your hair looked good. I love it.