Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Spring Fam-i-lee

Rhett's company had a Christmas party up at the Cliff Lodge at Snowbird. It was YET another occasion where I didn't have something fancy and fabulous to wear. I was hoping for a sparkly, sassy top or a sweet little short skirt, some great metallic open-toed shoes, long dangly earrings and a long, fitted dress coat.

I couldn't find any of that in my closet so I settled for fabulous, BIG hair. I was in a rush, as usual, because I only had a little bit of time after getting the kids from school and driving all the way home only to have to tidy the house for my mom and my brother who came to watch the kids for us and THEN try and get ready in between juice breaks, crying kids and changing movies.

I powdered, hair-sprayed, teased, pommaded, pinned, teased some more, powdered and re-pinned about 4 times. I took a picture because I don't trust mirrors (haha, jk clueless).
I couldn't get it as high and fabulous as I wanted and I was a little disappointed but I finally settled and met Rhett at the Park and Ride before Little Cottonwood. It had snowed a little and the valet parked us at the Lodge. It was so nice to have someone else park the car and trek through the snow! (How lame is it that we've never done that before?)

There were glittery decorations
amazing food

company singing
(We are the Spring Fam-i-lee, yes siree, yes siree, yes siree...something like that)

and some flashy dancing.
(although, ok, you can't really tell because I couldn't get a clear picture of the dancing)

No rocking out by Rhett, though, because he wouldn't get on the floor. The first five couples who danced through the first three songs each won $500! They even announced it before-hand, but it was not enough to get Rhett up there. It was for me, but it wouldn't have counted unless we were both shaking it.

After a lot more of the CEO trying to get people up on the dance floor, there was a lot of this
Don't worry, the company put up money for people to stay at the lodge for the night. Rooms were only $50 and they would pay for the rest. They even announced that they would pay for cab rides home. How thoughtful, especially since they had an open bar.

It was a nice night out without little distractions (little, whining and needy distractions) and to be together with Rhett. With him working 10-12 hour days, six days a week, we needed a night like this.
(see, I need pictures to tell that my hair was NOT big enough!!)

4 comments:

just jen said...

definitely NOT big enough...you know how i love the big hair.

what you needed was some fake hair...

rhett wouldn't dance for $500?

i guess i have no morals, because i would have been shaking my booty.

too bad we didn't go as a couple...we would be $500 richer right now. and then we could both have fabulous sparkle-y outfits.

*Lisa* said...

Even MY husband would have been shakin' it for money! :P You looked great, even if the hair could have been bigger :) Looks like a fancy fun time.

martha corinna said...

I like the hair, my hair is always too big. Maybe we should trade.

I'm slightly jealous. I get no nights out, EVER!

Nathan said...

I would like to add my own consternation to everyone else’s' as to Rhett being unwilling to dance for $500...

Do you know how many things I would be willing to do for $500?

I mean no disrespect to Rhett...in every other regard he is the top--I mean he's the Coliseum...

And yes--you're hair is not BIG enough--REALLY, ask Martha about doing big sexy hair...in high school she was the master-ess!

love you!