We got Cameron a tie for church finally. I don't think we have not gotten him one on purpose, we just never thought about it. Then I found a shirt and tie just like his dad's and he was thrilled. I just think this is the sweetest picture.
Cam loves his Daddo.
When Cam was born, Rhett and I both worked full-time and lived in Park City. Rhett worked nights as a manager at Smith's and I worked days teaching 4th grade. Even though we didn't see each other much, we both got to spend a lot of one-on-one time with Cam. I know that he and Cam created a special bond through those times because they are still best buds now. They even have a special handshake that they made up recently, which is absolutely adorable. I should film that one day.
Cam always wants to eat by Rhett, wear the same kinds of things he wears, watch his shows with him, play games with only him, talk to him on the phone the whole way while he's driving home, wants only Rhett to introduce him onto the (bed) stage when he's doing concerts in his bedroom, and is always crawling all over him and loving on him because Rhett is his Daddo. That's the way it should be.
But as I was thinking about Rhett and Cam, I was thinking about how Cam himself named Rhett "Daddo." We never told him to call him that but when Cam was about 18 months old or so, he just started calling him Daddo and he said it SO ADORABLY! I found some old footage of him dancing and laughing and calling him Daddo. You'll see what I mean.
Is that not the cutest? That girl with the crazy hair dancing so nerdily with him is... our nanny. We were really rich at the time so we could afford one....rich because Rhett was working at Smith's and I was getting a teacher's salary.
Ok, just rich in love.
And music.
Monday, December 8, 2008
I Love My Dad
Posted by
Mrs. Misses
at
7:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Cam is about as cute as they come--no argument there!
And Rhett is one of those Dad's that deserves all the admiration and daddo-calling he can get!
And you know that....nanny ain't bad either!
so adorable!
i am so glad he loves his daddo so much...
i am too tired to make a witty remark today.
will you forgive me?
Cuteness overload....I can't watch that much cute Cam without having him nearby so I can squeeze his cheeks and hug him and whip him around. Dang what a q t.
Post a Comment