Saturday, December 20, 2008

No Way, Jose!

Saturday night, we hung out with Unkie Paul to help get my mom and dad's house ready for Christmas visitors.
The kids reeked havoc while we tried to vacuum and fill the DI boxes.
Cam tried on my new glasses.
Paul decided that lifting boxes wasn't enough exercise...
Then the kids took on the challenge and climbed Mt. Paul as we took a break.
Finally, they played in the fake tree at the mall after an amazingly satisfying dinner at Chick-fil-a, a now hanging-out-with-Unkie Paul culinary tradition.
Another family tradition is people always assuming Paul is my husband
and that Cam and Bren are his kids.
We have so much fun explaining that we're brother and sister.

I think Rhett works too much.

At the tree play center, Cam and Bren were having fun with the 8 billion other kids but Cam realized there was a secret window about 20 feet up at the top of the tree.
Of course, he insisted that I take him up there.
He brought me inside the tree and pointed up to a ledge.
"If you can lift me up there, I can climb to the window."
I chuckled and with a silly undertone said,
"No way, Jose!!"
Just then I hear a voice right next to me say,
"Hey! That's my brother! My brother is Jose!"
This adorable chunky Mexican girl with long, dark curls was looking up at me with wide eyes.
I wasn't sure if that was supposed to be offensive
or just an amazing coincidence to her so I just said,
"Wow, that's so neat that I just said that and your brother is Jose, too."
She repeated it a few more times and then
ran off to maybe go get her parents to beat me up.

We left soon after that.

Right after Cam fell in the little pond of water spinning
a huge marble replica of the earth.

5 comments:

Nathan said...

Ah Chrinsmas at the University Mall in Orem ,Utah...wow.
I miss you Allison.
and I love you.
MArry mArry mArry Christmas!

Katie Riggs Hansen said...

At work we have "Jose" and "Hose B".

AND everyone always thinks Elliot and Adrian are married and Sydney is their baby because he likes Elliott better than anyone else in the world.

AND I love Chick-fil-a AND I love the University Mall because when my Parents had a store there it was always really exciting at Christmas to get to go all the way to ZCMI and have the tree spit out a paper to color.

Marci said...

You're so funny. I don't know why I'm not on Facebook yet. It could have something to do with my 4 rugrats. Dan went to Gorman and Harrison. Ahhh, the good ol' days. Just kidding...I wouldn't go back to middle or high school for a million dollars! I love your blog. I check it through Dale's blog all the time. I'm bummed you guys left Saratoga Springs. I'll work on the face book thing.

Marci said...

By the way...your boys are adorable. You seem to do a great job at balancing it all. Merry Christmas!

just jen said...

i didn't know that cam had a full on real mohawk...he really into the water?


and you didn't get a picture?