One of the girls I homeschool decided they wanted to take a camping trip for their birthday, so I have the rest of the week off! Which means, not only do I get to take care of the kids 23.5/7 (Rhett might watch them for a few minutes when he gets home from work, before going to sleep) but I also get to spend more time in the chaos that is our house. SO, why not clean up a little, right? Here's Cam's version of cleaning up....
...well, he was actually taking a comic relief break, I guess. I turned around after finishing up the final adjustments before vacuuming and he was inside Brenden's exersaucer like this (Brenden was taking a nap). He did actually help a lot because he was very excited about "helping" me vacuum. His way of helping is to run his red Dirt Devil play vacuum right along side mine and crash his into mine whenever they get too close.
Then, Brenden woke up from his nap and was so happy...
...and used the exersaucer properly, munching on the toys and staring blankly from boredom as Cam and I cleaned the kitchen table.
Have I told you about our kitchen table? We haven't had one for the last four years of our marriage and Rhett and I finally decided enough is enough. What were we using to eat on, you ask? Our coffee table. It was one of those cool tables where the top lifts up and back and makes a perfect eating surface while you eat and zone out in front of the tv. But we need to start growing up and doing that "sit down and eat and talk with your family at dinner" bidness that everyone is always talking about on tv before the star shoots across the screen ("The more you know..."). So why not take their advice. We watched it on tv enough and now it was time to take action. In our new place, we have a room for a kitchen table so we were determined to buy one. And buy one we did - special at RC Willey complete with a leaf, three chairs and a long bench. Saw the same table at Downeast Home for twice as much so it was satisfying to pay what we did and still feel stylish. But do you notice the grooves in the table? Yes, not so fun to clean. Even after one meal with a toddler, there are all kinds of crumbs and crusty things logded and smooshed in those cracks. Cam needed quite a few breaks for this cleaning project. But it sure looks nice in the end (and will stay that way as long as we don't eat on it....they didn't mention that at RC Willey).
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Days Off
Posted by
Mrs. Misses
at
5:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Love your pics, too cute!
I feel your pain on that table. Ours has those stupid grooves too. I finally found some new vinyl placemats for Ben that will hopefully stay flat to keep the stuff out of the cracks...
that's a really nice table. i'm pretty jealous.
that table is way cute... in fact I am in love. Rc willey you say??
Post a Comment