Monday, October 15, 2007

Dare Devil-ing

I have come to realize that daddies relate to their kids in a whole different way than mommies do. We kiss and cuddle, pretend and imagine, play and wrestle gently, but daddies do all that and add in wrestling, rough-housing, riling-up and dare-devil-ing. Rhett is always telling me that I worry too much and I'm overprotective, but if your 6 month old was in the palm of daddy's hand like this, wouldn't you be a little freaked out, too? Thank goodness there is a mommy and a daddy to balance things out. I'm glad I'm not "missing" out on giving my mommy spiel (schpeel) about how dangerous stuff like this is. Bren sure likes it, but it still makes me nervous...


4 comments:

Lindz said...

daredevil-ing....good word!

Carrie said...

I totally thought that I was the only one! I am begining to realize that Dan is just being a normal guy. My husband does that kind of stuff all the time, and it usually freaks me out!

Marianne said...

Scott is already trying to do that with Logan...eek! I keep telling to give him just a few more months. I wonder why dads get such a kick out of doing that?

martha corinna said...

You are right, I've often though about the balance.
Your baby sure is cute.