Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Family Fun



I have not been on the computer much this last week and I'm afraid I'm falling behind. People who normally post once a week have already posted, maybe even twice. I guess I gotta throw something up!! I have been meaning to put a little bit of a political spin in here, with Nov 6th coming up so quick and all this CRAP about school vouchers, but that might turn people away from ever reading this again so...um, how about Fall and leaves and ...ok....

Fall IS such a fun time to get together with the family. There are all the formal holidays where the family gathers but with my family so close, we actually get together at least once a month. It's always somebody's birthday or some BYU football game or something. We find some reason to go to somebody's house and hang out. I have four brothers and three of them are married with kids.  We have quite a big bunch whenever we get together but we have never taken a family picture...no, I take that back. When I was in high school, we got one of those free pictures and took one, but I look back at it and it is not a very good picture and only one of my brothers is married. That's what you get for free, I guess. This time, I think we've been more concerned with my dad's health and not having too much time with him and we have so many more kids running around so we all got together, dressed with a theme and I think it turned out pretty well. I thought it would be such an frustrating, hectic, formal time, but it actually was a lot of fun. Everyone is actually looking at the camera, too. It was just another excuse to get together!

5 comments:

just jen said...

what a cute family! and i love your new blog layout...very creative...we had fun last night, i miss you!
chu are mad!!

Marianne said...

What a beautiful family!!!

{Elyse} said...

That picture turned out so good...I love the black and white theme!

martha corinna said...

That is a beautiful photo.
And I would so not mind your spin on politics. You should speak your mind on your blog. A lot of people post in the interest of other people in order to get readers and comments. But the most interesting blogs (in my opinion) are those that are written in the interest of the author. That's what is interesting, what the person feels, what they love, and what they think.
OK, that's enough soap box for me.

Jared and Casi said...

Your family picture turned out great! It sounds like you have a lot of fun with your family. I would love to hear what you think of the school vouchers, I am really interested in what people think about this subject.