Thursday, October 25, 2007

STOP SHARING

Sharing is important skill and is a nice thing to do and is great to start teaching your child, especially when they turn two or three. Cameron was in a preschool day care for children of teachers in Park City and they all shared everything. So much so that I was often called at work, during the middle of a school day, to come pick him up because someone had shared their cold, flu or stomach virus with him. It really bothered me that this happened so often, but I guess you have to expect it in a place like that.

About two weeks ago, we met up with some friends from Park City and went to Liberty Park in SLC so the kids could play. Charlie and Christopher are twins about the same age as Cam and they absolutely are the three musketeers when they get together. We would have play dates all the time in Park City and they went to preschool together. We hadn't seen them in a little while, so it was a joyous reunion at the park.


Needless to say, they had a blast...


Back during the preschool days, Cam would get Topher going doing something (putting plates on their heads or running from the group and going up and down the handicap ramp, whatever they weren't supposed to do that was absolutely hilarious to the two of them) and they would lead the whole preschool astray. I always got notes about how all the kids wanted to do what they were doing, and most of the time, it got them in trouble. Charlie would be the concerned one, trying to bring the two of them back to repentance and would end up being roped in and involved in the scheme. They are a riot. We get together now once or twice a month and they just have a ball and are such good friends that they share everything...including the colds that the twins were "just about over" when we were at the park and they were loving on Cam and goo-goo-ing at Brenden. I realize now that "just about" is all it takes.....

(Note the impressive snot bubble that Bren is producing as he is frustratingly trying to CRAWL to get the remote, of all things).

Fast forward to two weeks later and we are still recovering from all of that sharing. Cam has bounced back the fastest and is going strong, Bren is still a bit congested but eats, sleeps and plays as if nothing is wrong, but I, EYE have taken the brunt of it all.....sore throat, achy head, stuffy nose, runny nose, coughing, sneezing like crazy, can't sleep, serious mucus and overwhelming exhaustion, all from the joy and love of sharing. I know its inevitable with kids and those little germs like superheroes flying around, but seriously...

STOP SHARING!

4 comments:

martha corinna said...

I KNOW! Nursery is the hardest for me.
We love liberty park, so many fun things.
I love your new header.

Mrs. Misses said...

Oh yeah, the nursery germs are the worst....we will stay home with any tiny sign of a cold, merely for the sake of saving other kids from catching it. We aren't inactive, it's just the kids are sick. They're sick! ;-)

Thanks about the header...the kit cost me $1! I mean, who would be doing traditional scrapbooking for $1! You probably couldn't even buy a page of dimensionals for $1. (I learned that word at card group - thanks guys).

Brooke said...

Gotta love this time of year...runny noses and all! I love your new blog design, it's super cute!

Rachel Leigh said...

I decided kids are the worst at catching and giving sickness... and I don't even have any. Hope you guys start feeling better though! loves