Friday, March 14, 2008

Friday March 7, 2008 in Vegas

We arrived in Vegas at about 3:40pm and were in a group of about 35. All the Spring employees who qualified for President's Club were there with their significant others. They took us to the Wynn in a tour bus type thing and we checked in to our fabulous rooms. We were able to explore for an hour or two and discovered Sugar & Ice, a little ice cream place at the end of the Wynn's Esplanade shopping strip.

It also sold a few salads and sandwiches so we ordered a cheeseburger to split ($12.95) and some French fries (an additional $3.50) and went out on the patio to sit by the waterfall. This was probably the best cheeseburger and French fries I have ever had in my whole life. It was amazing!!





(PS Many of these pictures I got off of the internet. And that last one must be one of the chefs but I wanted to show the clocks on the wall that made it kind of like you were "having lunch with Alice and the Mad Hatter." I didn't take any real good ones of the place while we were there, but I wish I had because we decided it really became one of our favorite little places to eat)

After the best burger (Jen), we got dressed and went to the Tower Suites at the Wynn for a company reception. This was actually one of the employee's room for the stay that they would do a Monday morning training in. It had this huge table, two couches, two flat screen tvs and an awesome bedroom area (like ours but a lot bigger). They had every wine, beer and soft drink you could imagine, as well as sushi, mini sandwiches, fancy cut veggies and other little snacks. Everyone kind of mingled and then the CEO welcomed us and told us we would be breaking into five groups and going to dinner.






Our group walked over to the Venetian (only a "few" blocks away!) (in cocktail dress and three inch heels, no less) and we ate at Zeffarino. It was a very FANCY Italian restaurant. We had an Italian waiter and even some Italian musicians to make the time more fun. We were sitting in the middle of 5 other couples and so everybody seemed to have their conversations around us. Its tough when some people already know each other but you have to make friends for the first time. I felt a little left out at times hearing everyone else talking because they already knew each other, but we also met some new people, however awkward. It was a very nice beginning to our fun-filled vacation.

3 comments:

just jen said...

i know you meant to write HAMBURGER...

yummy, i love finding little places to eat like that.

{Elyse} said...

Wow that place looks Amazing! I will be going there on my next trip!

Katie Riggs Hansen said...

I think Elliott is ready to retire from Project Management and take up cell phone sales.