Saturday, March 8, 2008

Hot and Crispy

I have been standing in the hot sun, getting sweaty and crispy waiting for my turn to go up to 180mph in an Indy car. We are at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway with Rhett's company and they hooked us up to get a ride around the speedway track a few times. We both think its cool but I know rhett wishes he could drive it himself. We have been here for almost two hours and they finally called us to get in line. So now we will probably wait in line for another hour with our fire resistant paper hoods on, which I'm sure are doing nothing for my figure or to protect me from the raw, blazing sun. I'm taking mine off... But don't think I'm being rude by being on my phone. Remember, Rhett works for AT&T. I have never seen more people in my life have a conversation with their phones on their hand texting or checking their email. This is just one of the many activities they have planned for us over the next four days. Did I mention the kids are with grandma??

5 comments:

Marianne said...

How nice to get away and spend time with your hubby... even if it's a little hot and crispy.

Jana said...

Vegas... jealous!

just jen said...

did you get tan?

Lindz said...

How fun. I never got to go there when I lived there. Lucky to get away from the kids. I hope you are living it up!!!!!!!!!!!!

martha corinna said...

Awesome!
I need to be hot and crispy.