I was introduced to you last year
when the Holidays were near.
My mother-in-law's sugar cookie recipe called for butter
and I found you on sale.
I didn't know the difference,
my ignorance held me back
from enjoying your light scent,
your sweet unsalted taste gave me a whack upside the head saying,
"WHY?! Why did I wait
so long to discover
how amazing
the magical fluffy taste mixed with others
absolutely enhances everything you touch.
I love you how you taste
I love you so much."
The soft crumble of the warm sugar cookie
topped with your fresh, farm taste of sweet cream frosting
was a tantalizing concoction that I could not get enough of.
I had one taste
and then one more
and at last that taste I couldn't ignore
sent me into sweet heaven divine.
Your whipped creaminess made me daily pine
and probably it should have been more of a treat
for others to enjoy because I couldn't stop eating all of the
frosting and cookies I made.
Gone completely in just a few days.
And now once again you are calling my name
and I should tune you out or turn a blind eye
to the three pounds at Walmart on sale I did buy
that are whispering and blowing their sweet scent in my face
but that would mean everything devoured, gone without a trace,
unless you count the extra pounds
or the lumps I might find
gently caressing my hips and behind.
So I should savor this flavor only once a year
but... I will give up the fight
when the Holidays are near.
when the Holidays were near.
My mother-in-law's sugar cookie recipe called for butter
and I found you on sale.
I didn't know the difference,
my ignorance held me back
from enjoying your light scent,
your sweet unsalted taste gave me a whack upside the head saying,
"WHY?! Why did I wait
so long to discover
how amazing
the magical fluffy taste mixed with others
absolutely enhances everything you touch.
I love you how you taste
I love you so much."
The soft crumble of the warm sugar cookie
topped with your fresh, farm taste of sweet cream frosting
was a tantalizing concoction that I could not get enough of.
I had one taste
and then one more
and at last that taste I couldn't ignore
sent me into sweet heaven divine.
Your whipped creaminess made me daily pine
and probably it should have been more of a treat
for others to enjoy because I couldn't stop eating all of the
frosting and cookies I made.
Gone completely in just a few days.
And now once again you are calling my name
and I should tune you out or turn a blind eye
to the three pounds at Walmart on sale I did buy
that are whispering and blowing their sweet scent in my face
but that would mean everything devoured, gone without a trace,
unless you count the extra pounds
or the lumps I might find
gently caressing my hips and behind.
So I should savor this flavor only once a year
but... I will give up the fight
when the Holidays are near.



5 comments:
Wow, I've never wanted sweet cream butter so much as I do now. Looks like a trip to walmart tomorrow!
are you saying that you put butter on sugar cookies? i don't know about that...
I used to make cookies with the big tubs of margarine. Er... nasty. I couldn't figure it out, 'till I read in a cookbook to only use real butter. Ohhhh. That helped a lot, but if you're saying that sweet cream butter is even one more step above regular butter, then I gotta try it. Thanks!
I love this...you had my mouth watering and craving sugar cookies!!
I like sweet cream too.
I love fat, fat tastes so good.
I really like that part about your behind. I always try to envision what all the fat I ingest must look like on my behind. For some reason it is never enough to dissuade me.
Post a Comment