The first time I checked on Cam tonight after I put him to bed, he was sitting straight up in his bed with a dental flosser in his hand.
He looked up at me so concerned and said,
"I can't get my foot out of my teeth!"
Of course his foot wasn't in his mouth, but I knew EXACTLY what he was talking about.
This kid is CONSTANTLY putting his fingers and his TOES in his mouth to bite his nails.
He usually does it out of anxiety or when he gets nervous with people.
But it's not just people, he also screams like a girl when he sees a bird because he thinks they are going to attack him or worries that our car will spontaneously start on fire or that he needs to save Brenden from the gas line in the lawn.
He has a very active imagination that just might have come from the time the bird actually attacked him, the time we drove past a car literally blazing on fire on the side of the road or when I tried to explain to him that they put little flags in the lawn to mark where the gas lines are so they don't hit them. I may have said the gas lines could blow up, idk.
I am always reminding him "hands down"
but he still chews on his fingers and I guess now his TOES!
That may be why he got a huge infection on his big toe about two weeks ago.
I tried to keep it clean and pus-free, but after about a week, I decided I had better take him into the doctor's because the pus kept coming!
The doctor said I took good care of it, but that he'd better give him an antibiotic just in case, especially since he STILL had an ear infection from when we were in Maui!
(Or else got another one in between that time and now)
His toe looks better now, but this same toe was the one STUCK IN HIS TEETH!
Oh yuck.
Kids do yucky things don't they?
I need to buy this.
Soon.

I also need to get these kids some clothes to wear when we're outside bored and waiting for Rhett to come home.
At least they're entertaining!



2 comments:
connor also bites his fingernails...and his toenails, while he is bed too.
what is with boys? i never did that, and connor is afraid of a lot of stuff too, what did we do to make them so fearful?
i guess my fears rub off on connor and logan, i am a bad mom.
*sigh* Your door is so pretty. I've been trying to figure out what kind of door, etc., I want when we repaint our house... Now I have a new direction in mind! When are you going to post pics of the new place? I know... It takes forever to settle in!!!
Also, they are stinking cute, as always. I've been lucky so far, I guess (knock on wood?) to not have any nail biting or strippers around here... although Chris has cycled through other nervous habits...
Post a Comment