This last day before we flew home was almost the coolest day there.
Stop being bored and keep reading!
(I have to write it all down before it is lost in the recesses of my brain forever).
We had to pay extra to get a late check-out and still it only took us to 4pm.
Our group was being shuttled to the airport at 7pm.
I had plenty of time to take these...

but was not prepared with my $8 ABC Store ukelele.
So, we spent our last morning buffet-style and then went back to our room to pack up and get our swank together to head to Black Rock.
A bunch of other weary travelers from Spring were going to meet us there at noon to jump off the rocks and snorkel.
I was just an innocent bystander with my still and video cameras in hand.
Rhett decided it was what he always wanted to do so he braved the lava rocks and climbed the treacherous path to the top of the cliff!
...only to realize that there was a much shorter climb on the other side.
It was an adventure!
Everyone else trickled in to swim with the sea turtles, snorkel at the fishes without losing any sense of equilibrium and jump off the rocks with the natives.
I guess every night, some native guy blows a horn at the top of that rock and then dives in, but we missed it.
Every night.
We didn't miss this!






It was such a fun day!
...until we had to board a 10pm plane and fly the red eye home.
I spent an excruciatingly uncomfortable HOUR trying to sleep among the coughs and sneezes and baby cries and captain logs and flight attendants walking and no where to put my feet and a bruised bum and tingling limbs and painful earplugs.
I finally gave up and spent the rest of the time watching free movies.
We arrived in SLC around 10:30am.
Excruciating.








1 comment:
Wow that looks like so much fun! I am so glad you guys got to go on such an adventurous trip!-Natalie
Post a Comment