Last Tuesday (or was it two Tuesdays ago), we were all getting ready for the day and Cam tripped and fell.
He bit down so hard on his tongue that it split right in two.
Well, there was a huge cut in it at least.
His cheek was all cut up, too.
All I could see was blood so I did that mom thing where you try to act like it wasn't a big deal but you know it had to have been hurting like a motha.
I called around to emergency places and clinics and my mom and everyone said the same thing - there was nothing you could do about it.
Mouths just have to heal on their own.
Cam was pretty traumatized, so I took the day off from school and Rhett took Bren to daycare.
Cam and I spent most of the day on the couch eating popsicles.
I actually got a lot of work done online.
And his tongue has mostly healed back to normal.
It's pretty amazing actually because a cut like that anywhere else and he probably should have had stitches.
Our bodies are awesome.
(You can't really tell from the picture but the cut went all the way through on that side so it was like a piece of paper partially ripped on the side, flapping oppositely back and forth).



2 comments:
logan just bit his tongue like that yesterday...boys are so crazy.
wow! Ouch!!!! I can't believe you stayed so calm. Poor little guy!
Post a Comment