Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Visitors Make the House So Clean

My friend from college, Ana, came to visit today.  
Isn't she beautiful?
We have a lot of history, the two of us.  
 Some stories to tell.
She brought her gorgeous girls with her and Cam was in heaven.  
They romped around the dirt in the backyard, went up the path to the park, played with a random dog through a fence (Cam only screamed and cried hysterically once) and got some nice color on their cheeks and shoulders.  

Meanwhile, Ana and I talked about old friends, some old times and even talked a little shop now that she has her Special Ed teaching degree.  
She taught in Texas for 2 yrs and then was ready to come back to Utah.  
I'm glad she's here.  
We have fun together.

And the kids had so much fun that we planned a play date for IKEA next week.  
They were here just at the right time because after they left, 
it started raining and didn't stop for basically the rest of the day.  
Our backyard is a mini mud swamp right now.

I'm also glad she was here to help me keep my house a little cleaner than usual.

I even took some quick pictures because I knew the cleanliness wouldn't last long.  
Here's a short tour of the main floor, starting from our Bilbo Baggins door.  


I still have things in boxes here and there, but we're working on it.







There are still many things to put up and put away and it will take some time but my goal is to have everything finished by the Fourth of July.  
I will have family in town and hopefully a lot more visitors to help me keep things clean.
Maybe if Rhett helped me we could get it finished sooner.
I'll keep you updated but don't hold your breath... 





4 comments:

just jen said...

oh.

i love it. that sink in the bathroom is killing me.

you better love this house...keep in clean sista!

Lindz said...

Your house looks beautiful. I saw that picture hanging in your hall yesterday at a boutique and I wanted rachel to buy it. I love it.

Rachel Leigh said...

Love love love your house. so pretty!

Dag said...

The house is lookin' saweet.